Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 103

Thread: Monday Night Football Executive 2021

  1. #51
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    LB, any consideration for game clinching defensive play (int, fumble recovery in the final 60 seconds) in future numbers? (Lamarr Woodley Strip sack at end of Super Bowl comes to mind)
    Donít you mean the GB int at the end of your game on Thurs?

    I think the ending of your game as well as the ending of my Bucs / Saints games show a bit of a flaw in this gameís scoring and donít fully capture how down to the wire those games went.

    The AZ / GB game went down to the final play and Iíd say an attempt at a TD from so close is a nail biter ending.

    In the TB / NO game, it ended in a 9 point spread which is worth nothing in this game, but nobody is tuning out of that game when Tom Brady is down 2 with just under 2 minutes with a shot to win with just a FG. If TB and TB just donít make the FG, itís worth more points for this game than itís worth for NO to grab a pick 6 at the end making the score wider.

    The challenge is so many crappy games can get close at the end due to prevent defenses on games people tuned out and already knew the outcome. And some of the good games that really do come down to the wire donít get the points they deserve.

    Im not even trying to be critical here. I think LB did a great job with the scoring system and just noticed with your comment and some of these games from time to time donít feel like they get scored right.

    I know this probably balances out because there have been games I picked between 2 crappy teams that no one cares about and the whole game wasnít close until the end and then I got more points than that game felt worth too.

    We probably have the perfect system and itís just the effect of noticing Iím always in the slowest moving line at the checkout even though I know thatís not possibly true.

  2. #52
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    DeVille & Flippy - I don't disagree with either of your statements but something to consider with scoring (as the other person scoring every game) - we use box scores and sometimes have to read through the play by play to ensure we're not missing the timing of scores so people get their proper points. An ending like GB -Cards is near impossible to pick up unless you were watching or saw the highlights. Sometimes we're scoring up to 10 games in a weekend. I was at my son's football practice Sunday afternoon so I didn't get to see a ton of NFL. Hopefully with Lonbull & I comparing all games we don't miss anything. The scoring sheet is a 4 page word doc as it is today!

  3. #53
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    DeVille & Flippy - I don't disagree with either of your statements but something to consider with scoring (as the other person scoring every game) - we use box scores and sometimes have to read through the play by play to ensure we're not missing the timing of scores so people get their proper points. An ending like GB -Cards is near impossible to pick up unless you were watching or saw the highlights. Sometimes we're scoring up to 10 games in a weekend. I was at my son's football practice Sunday afternoon so I didn't get to see a ton of NFL. Hopefully with Lonbull & I comparing all games we don't miss anything. The scoring sheet is a 4 page word doc as it is today!
    No need t complicate any of it - if it doesn't show in the boxscore, you don't want to have to hunt anything down - this is all for fun.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU


  4. #54
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Don’t you mean the GB int at the end of your game on Thurs?

    I think the ending of your game as well as the ending of my Bucs / Saints games show a bit of a flaw in this game’s scoring and don’t fully capture how down to the wire those games went.

    The AZ / GB game went down to the final play and I’d say an attempt at a TD from so close is a nail biter ending.

    In the TB / NO game, it ended in a 9 point spread which is worth nothing in this game, but nobody is tuning out of that game when Tom Brady is down 2 with just under 2 minutes with a shot to win with just a FG. If TB and TB just don’t make the FG, it’s worth more points for this game than it’s worth for NO to grab a pick 6 at the end making the score wider.

    The challenge is so many crappy games can get close at the end due to prevent defenses on games people tuned out and already knew the outcome. And some of the good games that really do come down to the wire don’t get the points they deserve.

    Im not even trying to be critical here. I think LB did a great job with the scoring system and just noticed with your comment and some of these games from time to time don’t feel like they get scored right.

    I know this probably balances out because there have been games I picked between 2 crappy teams that no one cares about and the whole game wasn’t close until the end and then I got more points than that game felt worth too.

    We probably have the perfect system and it’s just the effect of noticing I’m always in the slowest moving line at the checkout even though I know that’s not possibly true.
    I knew I saw one (seems like i was thinking Bengals game) but, i couldn't remember which one i saw it happen in this weekend where there was a game sealing pick. It was just easy to call the Lamarr play into memory for all to relate to.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU


  5. #55
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Here I am asking for Flippy and SteelersofDeville to take the podium at an attempt to start talking smack talk to each other.....and they turn it all on me....



    (Kind of serves me right - though).

  6. #56
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    LB, any consideration for game clinching defensive play (int, fumble recovery in the final 60 seconds) in future numbers? (Lamarr Woodley Strip sack at end of Super Bowl comes to mind)
    Lots of consideration --

    In fact the goal line stance in the recent Cardinals v. Green Bay game --- (not to mention the Seattle, why didn't you go Beast Mode in the endzone - Super Bowl) -- has certainly made me consider that there's an extra spice that's missing in MNF Exec.

    I'm all for rewarding the Defense more -- however the issue always comes down to when / how -- and how to keep it relatively simple to score.

    All I can say is that it is definitely under consideration.

    L.B.

  7. #57
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    In the TB / NO game, it ended in a 9 point spread which is worth nothing in this game, but nobody is tuning out of that game when Tom Brady is down 2 with just under 2 minutes with a shot to win with just a FG. If TB and TB just donít make the FG, itís worth more points for this game than itís worth for NO to grab a pick 6 at the end making the score wider.

    The challenge is so many crappy games can get close at the end due to prevent defenses on games people tuned out and already knew the outcome. And some of the good games that really do come down to the wire donít get the points they deserve.

    Im not even trying to be critical here. I think LB did a great job with the scoring system and just noticed with your comment and some of these games from time to time donít feel like they get scored right.

    I know this probably balances out because there have been games I picked between 2 crappy teams that no one cares about and the whole game wasnít close until the end and then I got more points than that game felt worth too.

    We probably have the perfect system and itís just the effect of noticing Iím always in the slowest moving line at the checkout even though I know thatís not possibly true.
    I was watching that NO / Tampa Game -- and agree with you completely - because as soon as the Pick 6 happened, I thought of how much that altered the MNF Exec. Score -- (AND sat in wonder watching Tom Brady actually lose this kind of game).

    I am actually working on some changes that we've discussed over the past three years -- and it involves breaking down the game into -

    The Half - Beginning of the 4th Quarter -- and then the last 2:00 of the game.

    I"m trying to build a new system that can still be scored relatively quickly - and yet hopefully make some adjustments to what we're discussing.

    I tend to stick to what we know most of the time because Ghost is generous enough (very generous) to help me score -- and having accurate scoring is most important to me.

    That being said the great thing about Football is it definitely can be an "Any Given Sunday" kind of thing.....and I always see something every year that I wish I knew how to better incorporate.

    I appreciate the input and don't take it as criticism --- many times I'm thinking the same things you guys are, I just haven't found a simple solution yet......(much like our Offensive Line).

    L.B.

  8. #58
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    I was watching that NO / Tampa Game -- and agree with you completely - because as soon as the Pick 6 happened, I thought of how much that altered the MNF Exec. Score -- (AND sat in wonder watching Tom Brady actually lose this kind of game).

    I am actually working on some changes that we've discussed over the past three years -- and it involves breaking down the game into -

    The Half - Beginning of the 4th Quarter -- and then the last 2:00 of the game.

    I"m trying to build a new system that can still be scored relatively quickly - and yet hopefully make some adjustments to what we're discussing.

    I tend to stick to what we know most of the time because Ghost is generous enough (very generous) to help me score -- and having accurate scoring is most important to me.

    That being said the great thing about Football is it definitely can be an "Any Given Sunday" kind of thing.....and I always see something every year that I wish I knew how to better incorporate.

    I appreciate the input and don't take it as criticism --- many times I'm thinking the same things you guys are, I just haven't found a simple solution yet......(much like our Offensive Line).

    L.B.
    We all appreciate the work you and Ghost do every week and I totally understand keeping the scoring simple perspective and imagine that angle is even more complex right now than it should be for yinz sanity.

    I admit, I usually miss most of the games, but just happened to see the end of those 2 games this week and I thought of both thru the MNFE lens. They were both exciting endings and I was thinking both probably deserved more points. I never even realized SOD and I picked the 2 games which made it a bit more bizarre.

    Iím ok if you just make it simpler to score and it will still be a fun game. I was also thinking if I had more time to watch more games, Iíd see similar things happening in all the games and I get that so much of this is so hard to capture if your not watching every game and just scoring from the box score.

    i know thatís gotta be so time consuming and I sincerely thank you guys.

  9. #59
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    All I ask is how can the Average J00s get more points than anyone else every week. I mean C'mon, is it that effin hard? (that's what she said!)

    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

  10. #60
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Week 8

    NBC - 335
    Flippy - 325
    SteelersofDeville - 310
    Whatever - 275
    Jooser - 275
    Papillion - 275
    ESPN - 250
    Lonbull - 245
    MeetJoeGreene - 240
    Buzz - 230
    Passhappy - 225
    Pfelix73 - 220
    Ghost - 205
    Starlifter - 190

    The Buzz-saw and NBC enjoyed an impressive Weekly High Score of 75 points as America watched the Cowboys score a game winning Touchdown with less than a minute left in the game!



    Unfortunately I have no other recourse than to point out that with that 75 point game NBC moves into the top spot - and here's the face of your leader....



    ** In short - this is my way of saying it's time to "Unleash Hell"!

    Former Champions Flippy and SteelersofDeville swapped punches in Week 8 with SteelersofDeville chipping away as:

    SteelersofDeville put up 50 points, and Flippy keeps putting up very respectable numbers with 45 points of his own.

    The bulk of us enjoyed the Steelers v. Browns match-up and while a Steelers victory was certainly enjoyed by all -- especially THIS Touchdown catch....



    Many of us are going to need more than 30 points to climb back into this.

    Still a lot of Football to go - but looking ahead, almost all of us will be picking up 10 points at the kickoff with the Packers v. Chiefs game, and obviously most of us won't be able to pick up any ground on Flippy and SteelersofDeville....But NBC (our current leader) will pick up a 25 point bonus and continue to pick up steam in the middle of the season.

    Who's going to step up??

    Good luck this week - your leader is in Steelers GOLD!

    Week 9

    Titans v. Rams Ė (+25) NBC, MeetJoeGreene
    Packers v. Chiefs Ė (+10) Flippy, Lonbull, Papillion, Buzz, Starlifter, Jooser, SteelersofDeville, Ghost, Whatever

    Vikings v. Ravens Ė Passhappy, Pfelix73
    Bears v. Steelers - ESPN

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •