Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Watt's Up with T.J.?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you said they deserved as much as they could get and nothing less

just strange you dont belive that for watt

all three players were/are among the best in the league at their respective positions. it shouldn't matter that the position watt plays is more valuable than the other two

the cap is going to go up and this contact will be fine if it gets done

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think they only practice in the afternoon. Not sure what time though.
    Schobert confirmed that Watt was a full participant at practice.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is the type of contract you give out when you don’t plan on winning anything for a while and just want a gave for the franchise.

Sorry Watt but I think Minkah and Najee can be the face of our team for less than $30 mill per for the next 4 to 5 years.

I would pay Watt $20 mill at the most.. and if that is insulting then he can kick rocks.
    Come on homey, he's going to get 25M$ per at least. I've adjusted to that. Najee has to prove himself. If you want to win SB you need a franchise QB. That's why The Steelers are going to hold on to Ben if he still has it which I think he does. One thing I was surprised to hear Ben say what he did today. I'm thinking the deal is not done and time is running out. Ben is a company man and I believe he is worried if he said what he did.

Legend

User Info Menu

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mnqmmP][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mnqmmP]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya know, part of me wonders if TJ is a little concerned if he doesn't sign and then plays out his option season but his numbers fall (for whatever reason) he may risk a lower contract in 2022.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...&mb_loc=left_r

Sometimes, the Steelers don't know how to change with the times. Remember when they refused to sign any FA for less than 2 years? Old and stodgy gets you dirt. They finally woke up on that outdated policy. They need to wake up on this one as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Schobert confirmed that Watt was a full participant at practice.
    Hopefully we can all stop clutching our pearls now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ya know, part of me wonders if TJ is a little concerned if he doesn't sign and then plays out his option season but his numbers fall (for whatever reason) he may risk a lower contract in 2022.
    I bet it's just as likely that he could want to play the year out this year and get a contract when the cap dramatically increases (vs. getting a contract when everyone thinks it's about to increase dramatically).

Although I think I've heard some say it won't increase much next season, but the season after...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you said they deserved as much as they could get and nothing less

just strange you dont belive that for watt

all three players were/are among the best in the league at their respective positions. it shouldn't matter that the position watt plays is more valuable than the other two

the cap is going to go up and this contact will be fine if it gets done
    20% of the cap? No.. I never wanted either of those guys to get paid that much money.

I have no problem with Watt trying to get as much as possible but I don’t want our FO to give him 20% of our cap space.

This place freaked out at Bell getting 10%.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Hopefully we can all stop clutching our pearls now.
    I think some were clutching rosary beads....and maybe occasionally