Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Stupidest Thing from the HoF Game?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Stupidest Thing from the HoF Game?

    Is that Joe Buck is going into the Football Hall of Fame.

    I kind of think that the bar for non-players should be enormously high. Like probably John Facenda and Steve Sabol?

    But Joe Buck?

    It's very easy to tell the story of the league without mentioning Joe Buck.

    But Fox plays the NFL's bills (along with the other networks)...so I guess that gets some guys Gold Jackets.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Reminds me of when all those guys working for NFL Network got in over a few years. Irvin, Woodson (deserved it ), Faulk, Sanders, Sapp, Davis, Tomlinson, & Warner. Not saying any of these players are undeserving. Timing was just sketchy.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I thought I heard it wrong.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If you been to the HOF over the years they have added buildings and sq ft to become quite a complex so they probably are looking for ways to fill it. They also now have some kind of 'media plex' building. Maybe that is where some non-players are ending up. Even though I drive by occasionally I haven't been in the place in 25 yrs. (btw, if you get the chance it is worth a day or two to look around. I really like the old, old stuff from when the league was just starting. They have some old team budgets on display. You'd laugh at the numbers in them. And the old equipment... I don't think they were thinking a lot about player safety back then.)

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Is that Joe Buck is going into the Football Hall of Fame.

    I kind of think that the bar for non-players should be enormously high. Like probably John Facenda and Steve Sabol?

    But Joe Buck?

    It's very easy to tell the story of the league without mentioning Joe Buck.

    But Fox plays the NFL's bills (along with the other networks)...so I guess that gets some guys Gold Jackets.
    Agreed 100%. As the old saying goes. The only way Joe Buck should be getting into the Hall of Fame is with a ticket.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    coming in a close 2nd

    drew pearson showing the viewing audience his new ink like he's in his 20s

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    coming in a close 2nd

    drew pearson showing the viewing audience his new ink like he's in his 20s
    very true.

    equally annoying was how many times they showed and talked about Dak Prescott, as if he were being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    very true.

    equally annoying was how many times they showed and talked about Dak Prescott, as if he were being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    him and zeke

    never a good thing with so many cowboys around. the team is enough, then you had pearson, harris, jimmie, troy all getting too much TV time

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    very true.

    equally annoying was how many times they showed and talked about Dak Prescott, as if he were being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    Wasn't happy that the game was on FOX. I said as we were getting ready to watch that it would be awful. They are bad enough as the network with the NFC team, but when that team is the Cowboys, listening is insufferable.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Is that Joe Buck is going into the Football Hall of Fame.

    I kind of think that the bar for non-players should be enormously high. Like probably John Facenda and Steve Sabol?

    But Joe Buck?

    It's very easy to tell the story of the league without mentioning Joe Buck.

    But Fox plays the NFL's bills (along with the other networks)...so I guess that gets some guys Gold Jackets.
    Peyton Manning's assessment of Joe Buck's knowledge of the game seems to support the idea that it's insane to have him in the Hall.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •