Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Washington

Starter

User Info Menu

I'd rather see them trade DJ.

Legend

User Info Menu

Juju is here on a 1 year deal. We got him on the cheap this year.. I wouldnt count on that in the future.. Washington needs extended.. not cut imo

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what in the world has james washington done to warrant an extension?

some of you guys seem to get trauma bonded to these draft picks. lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sometimes players just fail to command the confidence and respect of the coaches. That's not to say the Steelers don't value JW - but for some reason, they keep looking elsewhere for someone a little faster, someone a little taller, someone a little more explosive, someone who blocks better etc. But to Jame's credit, when they call his number he's been pretty reliable. There a many intangibles with any player, but a WR with sure hands seems to be a good value to me. It's kinda Randy Grossman'esque. The Steelers never loved Randy and were always drafting the next bigger and better TE - yet somehow he scrapped around, hung in there and got himself 4 rings. I feel like the same phenomenon is what's happening with JW.

I doubt we trade him, but I certainly understand why he wants it and possibly even deserves it.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm curious to see what Radio thinks? 3 pages on a thread, And he hasn't spewed yet, a record!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Send out feelers to the Lions, Eagles, Raiders, Colts, Patriots. All of them need WR help. The Lions are really horrible. Not sure what those teams have to offer but worth kicking the tires on a trade scenario.
    I donít think the Raiders are returning our calls anymore.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

3 ideal James Washington trade scenarios from the Pittsburgh Steelers

https://sportsnaut.com/james-washing...rios-steelers/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He doesn't get playing time because he's not that fast, he isn't a matchup problem, he isn't a tough catch guy, and he isn't good at running a lot of the routes. There is a reason that guys like Johnson and Claypool were drafted and there is a reason they passed him on the depth chart so quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    He doesn't get playing time because he's not that fast, he isn't a matchup problem, he isn't a tough catch guy, and he isn't good at running a lot of the routes. There is a reason that guys like Johnson and Claypool were drafted and there is a reason they passed him on the depth chart so quickly.
    Hes made his share of tough catches. Also worth noting that he led the team in receiving in 2019. I think it's more of a problem of only having one football... ben getting locked in on a target (we saw that with AB for years), than it is what you've described.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was curious...

How do you get a 0.0?