Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Haskins as the future. What could that mean?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The reports out of Chicago are pretty high on Justin Fields. I am not sure if he beats Dalton out on Day 1 but he might. I guess he is looking real good.

I have been very impressed with Fields when I was able to catch a game when he was at Columbus. To me he is the complete package of smarts, athleticism, leadership, and certainly toughness.

Hoping for the best for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    The reports out of Chicago are pretty high on Justin Fields. I am not sure if he beats Dalton out on Day 1 but he might. I guess he is looking real good.

I have been very impressed with Fields when I was able to catch a game when he was at Columbus. To me he is the complete package of smarts, athleticism, leadership, and certainly toughness.

Hoping for the best for him.
    I didn’t want to like Fields but that man is a baller. He outplayed Trevor Lawrence and made it look easy in the playoffs.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I didn’t want to like Fields but that man is a baller. He outplayed Trevor Lawrence and made it look easy in the playoffs.
    I think Lawrence may be a bit overhyped. He played in one of easiest conferences and wilted against Alabama and Ohio State. He better add some weight and muscle or for him NFL will mean "Not For Long".

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't think Lawrence is overhauled. He is the best QB coming out of college since Peyton Manning. He was clearly better than Burrow in 2019. He's a star. He can throw the ball 40 yards with the ball not going above 15 feet. He can run and scramble and what he's 6'6". Someday people will watch the Jags just to see him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    I don't think Lawrence is overhauled. He is the best QB coming out of college since Peyton Manning. He was clearly better than Burrow in 2019. He's a star. He can throw the ball 40 yards with the ball not going above 15 feet. He can run and scramble and what he's 6'6". Someday people will watch the Jags just to see him.
    It's kind of hard to live up to that level of hype though, right?

Basically, if he's not a Hall of Fame QB then he's overhyped.

That's a tough spot for a kid to be in.

But he's not on our team, so I don't really care if he fails...and I hope he doesn't become as good at P.Manning. Unless he also doesn't play as well as advertised against 3-4 defenses in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Lawrence may be a bit overhyped. He played in one of easiest conferences and wilted against Alabama and Ohio State. He better add some weight and muscle or for him NFL will mean "Not For Long".
    I agree. Trevor was crowned his freshman year and IMO he hasn’t shown as much growth as I expected. His last 2 years were fine but I wasn’t all that impressed with his play against top teams.

He reminds me of Andrew Luck whwn it comes to hype. Its hard to live up to the expectations of being the “next” Manning or “next” Montana.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    they should switch him to WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    They said the same thing about Luck.

Every few years they try to crown a QB as the next “Manning”

Why don’t they ever say the next Brady or Rodgers? Its always Manning and while he was awesome in the regular season he really wasn’t anything special in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    they should switch him to WR
    Line him up next to Tebow!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

watson QB'd at the same school

is there a QB in the bigs OSU put out there close to his success