Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A forgotten RB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A forgotten RB

https://triblive.com/sports/rb-antho...steelers-camp/

I remember some saying he was a better RB than Dobbins. Well, at least he has learned something since his rookie year.

Legend

User Info Menu

McFly isn't better than Dobbins.

I think Dobbins is going to have a breakout year this season...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you look back on McFarland’s game by game stats in college he really wasn’t very impressive at all. He had 2 great back to back games against Indiana and Ohio State as a Freshman but the rest of his 2 year career at Maryland was unremarkable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    If you look back on McFarland’s game by game stats in college he really wasn’t very impressive at all. He had 2 great back to back games against Indiana and Ohio State as a Freshman but the rest of his 2 year career at Maryland was unremarkable.
    Why do you think that might be? I always know when I'm talking to someone who only looks at stats and some youtube highlights. Maryland had a horrific OL and passing game. He was the complete focus of defenses. He's that good. Of course, he didn't show up when there were 8 and sometimes 9 in the box with an OL who couldn't block Velveeta cheese. McFarland has elite back gifts but appeared to be incredibly inpatient last year. I'm guessing he was trying to do too much with his limited touches. I think McFarland will be the #2 and I think he will show Steeler nation that is a legit threat. The only thing getting in the way of McFarland is McFarland.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’ll take clay and naj over

dobbins and their next 1st rounder WR the ravens took this year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think not having camp and preseason games last season hurt the development of players like McFarland.

Legend

User Info Menu

“I just worked,” McFarland said of the offseason. “Had my head down. Just stayed off the media and just really worked on myself."
    Wish a few others would heed his approach....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I don't think this is an accurate reflection. In 2018. He had 1034 yds and 7.9 yard per carry. I think that is pretty impressive. His biggest performances of course were Indiana and Ohio St. If they were against lower level opponents, you would probably downgrade him for those. Those are freshmen stats.

2019 he had an ankle injury in the second game but still managed 614 yds 5.4 ave. The injury nagged him for a while. So he doesn't have a big college resume but I think what he put on tape is very good. I still think he has a lot of upside. He may not turn out to be better than Dobbins but he still could be an impact player for the Steelers. If he doesn't do much this year, then I may change my tune. But this year's offense will emphasize the run more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I’ll take clay and naj over

dobbins and their next 1st rounder WR the ravens took this year
    me too.

doesn't mean Dobbins isn't going to be good, though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I think not having camp and preseason games last season hurt the development of players like McFarland.
    Dobbins had the same circumstances:

Dobbins: 805 yds 6.0 apc
    McFarland: 113 yds 3.4 apc

Dobbins is a good rb, and will be for years. Did Pgh pass on Dobbins and reach for McFarland because Mc was a MD product?