Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat Predictions for Najee Harris

Legend

User Info Menu

Stat Predictions for Najee Harris

So, I thought it would be fun to get some predictions for Najee Harris' rookie season. Only thing keeping me from being as bullish on his stats as I want to be is the OL. With that said, I predict a significant rookie season.

1400 yards rushing, 12 TDS 4.7 YPC receiving 500 yards, 57 catches 8.8 ypc and 4 TDs

I would love to read yours.

Legend

User Info Menu

We will certainly go far with those kinds of stats.

Legend

User Info Menu

1100 rushing yards
    400 receiving yards,
    9 Rushing TD’s
    3 Receiving TD’s
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So, I thought it would be fun to get some predictions for Najee Harris' rookie season. Only thing keeping me from being as bullish on his stats as I want to be is the OL. With that said, I predict a significant rookie season.

1400 yards rushing, 12 TDS 4.7 YPC receiving 500 yards, 57 catches 8.8 ypc and 4 TDs

Good to see you start a thread. I'm not much of a prediction guy but I'll take my shot in this 17 game season.
    Receiving I'll go with 1 catch per quarter so 4 a game would = 68 total receptions I'll go 64 as he'll likely have a game off somewhere along the way.
    I'll go 8.0 yds per reception so receiving yds = 512
    Rushing I could see him getting 15, 16, 17 carries per. Not sure how this OL will perform so I'll go with a 3.9 average. Comes to about 940 yds.
    I'll go with 7 rushing TD's and 2 receiving TD's so 9 total touchdowns.
    He can do that as a rookie behind a developing OL I'm good. Another really important factor is his pass blocking. He keeps 7 upright and that is a huge factor that may not be a sexy stat but is a huge factor in how valuable a back really is. Last stat is how many times he puts it on the ground. I'm optimistic here so I'll say only 2.
    Last edited by Iron City Inc.; 07-28-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

If your prediction is correct, barring Bens game falling off a cliff, we will be legit SB contenders. I hope you are right.
    Dizz, prediction I think is more likely, we are an easy playoff team.
    Iron City? Also very possible, it means our oline has struggled, and we might be in trouble.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-27-2021 at 11:13 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    If your prediction is correct, barring Bens game falling off a cliff, we will be legit SB contenders. I hope you are right.
    Dizz, prediction I think is more likely, we are an easy playoff team.
    Iron City? Also very possible, it means our oline has struggled, and we might be in trouble.
    I agree that the OL gives me major pause. But, usually run blocking solidifies before the pass blocking. I think Harris is the most talented back I've seen since Barkley. So, if this OL can open some holes 1400 in a 17 game season shouldn't be an unreachable stat for a back this talented.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    1100 rushing yards
    400 receiving yards,
    9 Rushing TD’s
    3 Receiving TD’s
    1100 yards is very realistic if the OL isn't performing. I see Harris getting 280-300 carries this season and 1100 is 3.7 yards a carry. That would be pretty disappointing for a back this good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Good to see you start a thread. I'm not much of a prediction guy but I'll take my shot in this 17 game season.
    Receiving I'll go with 1 catch per quarter so 4 a game would = 68 total receptions I'll go 64 as he'll likely have a game off somewhere along the way.
    I'll go 8.0 yds per reception so receiving yds = 512
    Rushing I could see him getting 15, 16, 17 carries per. Not sure how this OL will perform so I'll go with a 3.9 average. Comes to about 940 yds.
    I'll go with 7 rushing TD's and 2 receiving TD's so 9 total touchdowns.
    He can do that as a rookie behind a developing OL I'm good. Another really important factor is his pass blocking. He keeps 7 upright and that is a huge factor that may not be a sexy stat but is a huge factor in how valuable a back really is. Last stat is how many times he puts it on the ground. I'm optimistic here so I'll say only 2.
    I think your stat prediction on his receiving stats is probably dead on. I believe the Steelers will try to get the ball in his hands early and often. He is fierce as a receiver...incredibly well rounded.

Legend

User Info Menu

1100 yards is very realistic if the OL isn't performing. I see Harris getting 280-300 carries this season and 1100 is 3.7 yards a carry. That would be pretty disappointing for a back this good.
    I think there will be a few games where Najee isn’t the focus due to being down early. Always happens once or twice a year where touches are limited due to the game plan being thrown out the window.

There will also be games where we burn clock late and he is simply RUTFM which tends to hurt your ypc.

…and of course we sit him the last game of the season after we lock up a playoff spot.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Only one RB in the top 10 in rushing yds started all 16 games last season; 8 out of the top 10 cleared 1,000 yds rushing. But many of these teams had very good OLs. I don't think Harris will crack 1000 rushing this season. I think IC has it pretty close with his prediction for rushing. But receiving is a little tougher to predict without any understanding of what Canada's offense will be. So I'll take the safe route and take the average of the top 10 rushers which is 280 yds. But since there is an extra game I'll add 20 yds for 300 yds receiving on the season.