Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh Line?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Uh-Oh Line?

Dotson hasn't practiced yet. Chuks hasn't been participating in team drills. In the words of Alex Kozora, Banner has been "eased back" as he continues to recover from his ACL. Hassenhauer & Finney have been banged up. And now reports that Trai Turner doesn't all look that good.

I'm optimistic about Green and Moore, but this unit sure does have a lot of question marks, and a whole lot of work to do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Dotson hasn't practiced yet. Chuks hasn't been participating in team drills. In the words of Alex Kozora, Banner has been "eased back" as he continues to recover from his ACL. Hassenhauer & Finney have been banged up. And now reports that Trai Turner doesn't all look that good.

I'm optimistic about Green and Moore, but this unit sure does have a lot of question marks, and a whole lot of work to do.
    ..and can't ease into the season either when Buffalo is your first opponent. An opponent that drafted two new DE's to beef up their pass rush.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    ..and can't ease into the season either when Buffalo is your first opponent. An opponent that drafted two new DE's to beef up their pass rush.
    I haven't heard much about those two DLmen they drafted...yet. I got a feeling we'd be in trouble sans those 2 regardless. It could get ugly up there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard Moore likes to fight.

Got into a fight on consecutive plays.

A+ for the thread title.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Heard Moore likes to fight.

Got into a fight on consecutive plays.

A+ for the thread title.
    A little fight might be a good thing for an O-lineman. Don't want them being stupid, and picking up unnecessary penalties, but a little more aggression & physicality would be beneficial, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I haven't heard much about those two DLmen they drafted...yet. I got a feeling we'd be in trouble sans those 2 regardless. It could get ugly up there.
    Bills took them to crank up their pass rush is what's being reported. We better keep things in the 3rd and short range because third and longs and these young pups will pin their ears back on Ben.

We have the hardest schedule in the league this year so this game against a supposed good team could be the nerrative game of what our year is going to look like against good teams since were going to see a ton of them this year.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Backup

User Info Menu

The first practice with pads is tomorrow. I'm assuming the linemen will get to go at each other. Let's see who practices tomorrow. Any lineman worth his salt will do anything to be at that practice. Then we can start to worry when we see who doesn't show.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A+ for the thread title.
    yes, very clever!

Legend

User Info Menu

Chuks looking slim in camp:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://triblive.com/sports/as-train...itional-depth/

Colbert says OL not in shambles, just unproven. We shall see.