Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh Line?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The O-line needs to "gel" and operate as a single "unit". There may be some mistakes and bumps early on but I do predict when the dust settles this year's line will be better than last year's version (barring injuries of course).

Legend

User Info Menu

The offensive line was makeshift due to injuries. Three projected starters did not take part in the team periods. In addition to Okorafor, right tackle Zach Banner and left guard Kevin Dotson did not take part. Rashaad Coward took the reps at left guard and Joe Haeg at right tackle.

The line held its own in one-on-one pass-rushing drills near the end of practice. Rookie Kendrick Green more than held his own against veteran nose guard Tyson Alualu in two reps. Another standout for the offensive line was Aviante Collins, a fourth-year pro out of TCU. Collins shut down rookie sixth-round pick Quincy Roche on consecutive reps, and he also got the better of Highsmith.

Collins was signed to a futures contract in January after spending his first four seasons with the Vikings.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202107280138

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    The offensive line was makeshift due to injuries. Three projected starters did not take part in the team periods. In addition to Okorafor, right tackle Zach Banner and left guard Kevin Dotson did not take part. Rashaad Coward took the reps at left guard and Joe Haeg at right tackle.

The line held its own in one-on-one pass-rushing drills near the end of practice. Rookie Kendrick Green more than held his own against veteran nose guard Tyson Alualu in two reps. Another standout for the offensive line was Aviante Collins, a fourth-year pro out of TCU. Collins shut down rookie sixth-round pick Quincy Roche on consecutive reps, and he also got the better of Highsmith.

Collins was signed to a futures contract in January after spending his first four seasons with the Vikings.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202107280138
    Good stuff, I missed the Collins signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of these guys are gonna step up.. may be someone we expect... maybe one of the lesser known guys. I like the youth movement... green, dotson, moore. At some point they should be really solid

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Some of these guys are gonna step up.. may be someone we expect... maybe one of the lesser known guys. I like the youth movement... green, dotson, moore. At some point they should be really solid
    This year's Tuzar Skipper...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This year's Tuzar Skipper...
    Maybe the Collins kid..

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

Steelers have 15 offensive linemen on their roster. They finished with eight of them healthy and practicing today.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/stat...uls-in-camp%2F

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ditto. Got lots of guys fighting for jobs and that is good
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

Steelers have 15 offensive linemen on their roster. They finished with eight of them healthy and practicing today.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/stat...uls-in-camp%2F
    Dang. Might have to sign a couple more just to have enough bodies for camp-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Dang. Might have to sign a couple more just to have enough bodies for camp-
    OL is a mash unit. It's going to look mighty ugly the first month or so. Roethlisberger will be running for his life, or he'll break records on release times.