Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers At the Top

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that.

condolences to your friend and her family for this tragic loss.
    Thank You..........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Did you ever fart while wearing pants? Could you and those around you smell it? Think about that for a minute.
    This doesn't make much sense when considering that viruses are much bigger than gas molecules. Gas molecules tend to rise. I don't think COVID rises or spreads without a "wet aided" cough, sneeze, or deep breathing. Wet respiratory molecules are bigger and heavier. Masks can help to block wet respiratory particles. Not all but at least some COVID won't the through. Some COVID will be blocked my masks, go into the air, land on surfaces, or fall to the ground.

Better to take chances with some protection than none. For example, bullet proof vests and helmets shouldn't protect soldiers or police against heavier caliber weapons but sometimes they do.

I believe that masks help to curb the spreading of COVID. I believe because I've been in isolation rooms on several occasions with COVID positive patients for several hours. I've never tested positive for COVID ever.

I haven't been sick one time since the pandemic became an official issue in the US. No common cold, no flu, no covid, nothing.

I believe masks can help block heavier particles that COVID ride on from spreading.

I believe masks wdrk, distancing works, vaccines work. It's the individuals who doubt and don't listen that don't work. Think about that for a minute?
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 08-14-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Thank You..........
    Ditto. My aunt lost her life because of COVID. Ironic because her daughter attended a Steelers party in the Burgh. Her daughter contracted COVID at the party and brought it to my aunt. My aunt passed out in the bathroom, sent to the hospital, and after that she never recovered several weeks later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    This doesn't make much sense when considering that viruses are much bigger than gas molecules.
    I think he was making a joke. At least, that's the way I took it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think he was making a joke. At least, that's the way I took it.
    I don't know? Who knows these days? I believe he referred to Kamala Harris as a "hoe" at one point. Not sure why he would refer to her as a "hoe". Maybe I have the wrong person?

Was that a joke too? Who knows in these days of conspiracy theories and misinformation?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ditto. My aunt lost her life because of COVID. Ironic because her daughter attended a Steelers party in the Burgh. Her daughter contracted COVID at the party and brought it to my aunt. My aunt passed out in the bathroom, sent to the hospital, and after that she never recovered several weeks later.
    Thank You also, sorry about your aunt. People need to understand that this is real and it's really dangerous, this virus is killing people.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry for your lost bro; Hope the rest of your family stays safe in these tough times we living in.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry for your losses

I've lost 4 friend and relatives due to this scourge

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mr. Wizard, BURGH86STEEL, and everyone else that has lost a friend or loved one.
    Sorry for your loss
    Last edited by fordfixer; 08-15-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.