Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Haskins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Exactly, he doesn't have Brady level ego. He has nothing left to prove and plenty of money.
    This is what I see as well. But I don’t see another year after this one either from him ( depending on how this one goes)
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Ben stays healthy I could see him play 2-3 more seasons before he hangs it up.
    Remember one big factor no one is considering. Roethlisberger told the team he wanted to play another year before his OL buddies made their decisions for the season. He was hoping to convince Pouncey to stay on, and was also hoping the Steelers would keep AV. Neither happened. He has no emotional ties to the current OL.

I think this will be his final season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Remember one big factor no one is considering. Roethlisberger told the team he wanted to play another year before his OL buddies made their decisions for the season. He was hoping to convince Pouncey to stay on, and was also hoping the Steelers would keep AV. Neither happened. He has no emotional ties to the current OL.

This is where I'm at 80% or above.

If we thought he might come back, why not have a deal like Sutton's where it voids after 2 seasons instead of 1?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

I think it depends 100 percent on how the season goes. If we miss the playoffs (very possible) this will be his last.

If Ben plays well, stays healthy, and we go deep into the playoffs (also possible), both sides are incentivized to keep thus train going. He WILL be back.

Removing a QB who is playing well on a team that is winning is like pulling a bottom Jenga piece.

We go deep in playoffs means we hit on oline, Najee is killing it, and the defense is beastly. Canada is a play calling magician. They will all only get better.

If by some miracle we win it all, I say it's a toss up, based on whether Ben is tired and satisfied, or still hungry. I'd guess he'd be more Elway than Brady.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-31-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

There arent too many scenarios in which I see Ben staying after this year.
    The primary concern i saw with him last year was his accuracy down the field. Of course the drops didnt help.. but I am not optimistic that.. at his age... still coming off of the injury.. limited participation in practice/preseason... that he will return to the Ben of old.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I think it depends 100 percent on how the season goes. If we miss the playoffs (very possible) this will be his last.

If Ben plays well, stays healthy, and we go deep into the playoffs (also possible), both sides are incentivized to keep thus train going. He WILL be back.

Removing a QB who is playing well on a team that is winning is like pulling a bottom Jenga piece.

We go deep in playoffs means we hit on oline, Najee is killing it, and the defense is beastly. Canada is a play calling magician. They will all only get better.

If by some miracle we win it all, I say it's a toss up, based on whether Ben is tired and satisfied, or still hungry. I'd guess he'd be more Elway than Brady.
    I think its the opposite. If we miss the playoffs I think Ben knows its a wrap.

If we have a deep run at least he goes out with a few more playoff wins.

If you are damn near 40 missing the playoffs what is the point?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think its the opposite.
    Really?
    If we miss the playoffs I think Ben knows its a wrap.
    Which is kinda exactly what I said.

If we have a deep run at least he goes out with a few more playoff wins.
    Yes, which is why staying is enticing. If we brought him back WITHOUT a playoff run, why would we drop him or he want to quit if we are IMPROVING year to year. The incentive to take ONE MORE shot is greater than this season for all parties involved.

If you are damn near 40 missing the playoffs what is the point?
    Which again agrees with what I said.

In only one scenario do we disagree.

Clearly you dont think there is ANY scenario that brings Ben back.

As I gave FOUR scenarios and in only one do I suggest it is likely Ben comes back, meanings I think it is unlikely that he stays, I hardly think your view is the opposite of mine.