Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Haskins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    On our first play I want Ben to hand it off to Najee.
    How about we split the difference and Ben throws a bomb to Najee.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Ben stays healthy I could see him play 2-3 more seasons before he hangs it up.
    The first part of your statement is critical. And with the OL he has I'd say odds are very good that he will not play all 17 games (or even 16). I'll put the over/under at 14.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The first part of your statement is critical. And with the OL he has I'd say odds are very good that he will not play all 17 games (or even 16). I'll put the over/under at 14.
    That's a very good bet.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben stays healthy I could see him play 2-3 more seasons before he hangs it up.
    Maybe...but...gulp...if that happens, I don't think it will be with us.

The downside for the team with the dummy year contract is that Ben will be a UFA next season.

I highly doubt that we tag him.

And I don't think he'd go for less than market rate to be on a team that will likely have a fair number of holes after a bunch of departures this season.

You never know, but I think retirement or chasing a ring with a strong contender are more likely than him coming back to us. With retirement being the most likely outcome IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

The downside for the team with the dummy year contract is that Ben will be a UFA next season.

And I don't think he'd go for less than market rate to be on a team that will likely have a fair number of holes after a bunch of departures this season.

You never know, but I think retirement or chasing a ring with a strong contender are more likely than him coming back to us. With retirement being the most likely outcome IMO.
    I don't know, that is a tough question. If he does want to play longer (and that's a big if) he does have roots firmly planted in the community and young children in school. I don't think Ben would want to break the bank either, he has already shown he is willing to take a pay cut.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I don't know, that is a tough question. If he does want to play longer (and that's a big if) he does have roots firmly planted in the community and young children in school. I don't think Ben would want to break the bank either, he has already shown he is willing to take a pay cut.
    Maybe.

But my guess is that he'll want to be going after rings.

And I think we'll be interested in doing a rebuild and freeing up cap space for our defensive stars in TJ and Minkah.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

I disagree. I think Ben will take a discount rather than play for another team. He will either take a discount or hang them up. I see Ben being concerned about his legacy but it being attached to the Burgh. If Ben plays for another franchise I would be shocked. Remember a few things, Brady needed to prove he could be great without Bellicheck. The Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh have been loyal to Ben. He will be loyal back. The only way Ben plays for another team is if Haskins blows up so hard the Steelers make a move on Ben. Which they wont.

Legend

User Info Menu

I disagree. I think Ben will take a discount rather than play for another team. He will either take a discount or hang them up. I see Ben being concerned about his legacy but it being attached to the Burgh. If Ben plays for another franchise I would be shocked. Remember a few things, Brady needed to prove he could be great without Bellicheck. The Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh have been loyal to Ben. He will be loyal back. The only way Ben plays for another team is if Haskins blows up so hard the Steelers make a move on Ben. Which they wont.
    I agree with this.

Ben won't ever play for another NFL team, it'll be the Steelers or he will retire.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree with this.

Ben won't ever play for another NFL team, it'll be the Steelers or he will retire.
    Exactly, he doesn't have Brady level ego. He has nothing left to prove and plenty of money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    On our first play I want Ben to hand it off to Najee.
    And then Najee throws a bomb to Claypool.