Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Haskins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I did see that Tomlin was a bit upset with a goal line decision MR made yesterday. It's best to work those out in practice but with him being in his 4th year with the Steelers you wouldn't expect to see that.
    I mean it's camp so I keep that in context. But, right now I'm encouraged about what I'm hearing.

Legend

User Info Menu

I did see that Tomlin was a bit upset with a goal line decision MR made yesterday. It's best to work those out in practice but with him being in his 4th year with the Steelers you wouldn't expect to see that.
    I read about that as well. It doesn't seem to me like MR is going to make it past this season.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I read about that as well. It doesn't seem to me like MR is going to make it past this season.
    To be honest with you, I wish they kept Haskins and Dobbs and cut MR. They won't but I do wish for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I think Mason will definitely be on the roster next year.

I think the only way he's not is if Ben sticks around AND we draft a QB high. Then we'd have to pick between Mason and Haskins (who should also be around because he'll be on a cheap RFA deal). But I don't think Ben is coming back.

I think that Mason and Haskins battle it out for the starting job next off season. Maybe with a rookie thrown in if we pick high enough / fall in love with someone in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think Mason will definitely be on the roster next year.

I think the only way he's not is if Ben sticks around AND we draft a QB high. Then we'd have to pick between Mason and Haskins (who should also be around because he'll be on a cheap RFA deal). But I don't think Ben is coming back.

I think that Mason and Haskins battle it out for the starting job next off season. Maybe with a rookie thrown in if we pick high enough / fall in love with someone in the draft.
    If Ben stays healthy I could see him play 2-3 more seasons before he hangs it up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Ben stays healthy I could see him play 2-3 more seasons before he hangs it up.
    I have often thought that as well. Big season coming up.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have often thought that as well. Big season coming up.
    I just have a feeling Ben is going to have a monster season.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a shame hes so limited during camp/preseason..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I just have a feeling Ben is going to have a monster season.
    So do I and I think it has a lot to do with how we exited the playoffs. Unfinished business. First offensive play this year I want Ben to throw a bomb to Claypool.

Legend

User Info Menu

So do I and I think it has a lot to do with how we exited the playoffs. Unfinished business. First offensive play this year I want Ben to throw a bomb to Claypool.
    On our first play I want Ben to hand it off to Najee.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?