Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin can only win with Cowhers players, so we should fire....

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin can only win with Cowhers players, so we should fire....

....Kevin Colbert and hire Cowher as GM.

"Cowhers players" were never better than when coached by Tomlin!!!

We need to stop defending Tomlin and admit we need to let Cowher pick his players.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-27-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    ....Kevin Colbert and hire Cowher as GM.

"Cowhers players" were never better than when coached by Tomlin!!!

We need to stop defending Tomlin and admit we need to let Cowher pick his players.
    agreed, we would fix our O-line quickly with Cowher in charge of drafting guys like Shawn Andrews.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't even think we'd have to fire Colbert because the prime example of "Cowher's player" wasn't a decision made by Cowher.

Maybe just toss him some cash to sit in the draft room every year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    agreed, we would fix our O-line quickly with Cowher in charge of drafting guys like Shawn Andrews.

Great idea because we know Cowher did everything and the GM just watched. It is pure genius to pass on a Hall of Fame QB to get an average Off Tackle. We need that kind of genius from Cowher. Plus we get to see him play "attention whore" and mug it up for the cameras every chance he gets. I see no downside
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Backup

User Info Menu

I have the same take now as then. I wanted us to draft Big Ben. The Rooney's were not going to pass on a Dan Marino the second time.
    This year the whole NFL knew we were going to take Najee. I knew the Rooney's were not going to pass on a Franco Harris type of generational RB. It is now time for Mike Tomlin to show his ability. We have defied modern day NFL logic. We have revamped our whole OL. We drafted a RB in Rd 1. Our QB is too old and can't even bend over. I believe we will rise to the occasion. Do not doubt Big Ben, you do so at your own peril. We're going to the SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    I have the same take now as then. I wanted us to draft Big Ben. The Rooney's were not going to pass on a Dan Marino the second time.
    This year the whole NFL knew we were going to take Najee. I knew the Rooney's were not going to pass on a Franco Harris type of generational RB. It is now time for Mike Tomlin to show his ability. We have defied modern day NFL logic. We have revamped our whole OL. We drafted a RB in Rd 1. Our QB is too old and can't even bend over. I believe we will rise to the occasion. Do not doubt Big Ben, you do so at your own peril. We're going to the SB.
    I’m really feeling good about this season.

My biggest fear is injury..

or another covid spike that ruins our bye week.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m really feeling good about this season.

My biggest fear is injury..

or another covid spike that ruins our bye week.
    You know when we were going to play the Ravens on Thanksgiving and we had the Covid postponement, was when the season went south. The excitement for that Thanksgiving matchup was so high and then the delay and we barely beat their JV team. That was the end of our season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Great idea because we know Cowher did everything and the GM just watched. It is pure genius to pass on a Hall of Fame QB to get an average Off Tackle. We need that kind of genius from Cowher. Plus we get to see him play "attention whore" and mug it up for the cameras every chance he gets. I see no downside
    here are some undeniable truths some posters here want us to believe:

1) Bill Cowher chose all the good players for his team
    2) Kevin Colbert chose all the bad ones
    3) Mike Tomlin chose all the bad players for his team
    4) Kevin Colbert chose all the good ones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    here are some undeniable truths some posters here want us to believe:

1) Bill Cowher chose all the good players for his team
    2) Kevin Colbert chose all the bad ones
    3) Mike Tomlin chose all the bad players for his team
    4) Kevin Colbert chose all the good ones
    But, why can't he make a crappy selection at DB become a pro bowler?

Charred Scott and Scott Shields aside... look at how good Ricardo Colclough became with coaching... and Hank Poteat...
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 06-28-2021 at 05:54 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

so let's say they really were "Cowher's players"...

this proves that Mike Tomlin was a better coach than Bill Cowher.

it took Cowher 14 years to win a Super Bowl with his players, it only took Tomlin two.