Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dotson uninspiring at mini camp

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dotson uninspiring at mini camp

According to Dkpittsbrughsports, Dejan Kovacevic, the real reason in signing Trai Turner was not that Decastro's injury ( release) it was based on news from a good source that Dotson showed up at OT out of condition and uninspiring play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Uh-oh.

Anyone still feeling good about not taking OL before round 3?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Uh-oh.

Didn't feel good about it at the time, definitely don't feel good about it now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Uh-oh.

if Trai Turner is healthy and regains his Pro Bowl form, that's like drafting an OG in the first round.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if Trai Turner is healthy and regains his Pro Bowl form, that's like drafting an OG in the first round.
    Not exactly. We have Turner for 1 year. If we drafted an OG in the first round, we'd have likely had him for 4 or 5 years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would not get to excited about an OL either way without contact. About 4 weeks to camp, see how he does once pads pop. It's not a beauty contest.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I would not get to excited about an OL either way without contact. About 4 weeks to camp, see how he does once pads pop. It's not a beauty contest.
    it's true that it's not a beauty contest, and we have some time before any action that really counts.

But reportedly, the Steelers were concerned enough about Dotson to bring in Turner ... if that is indeed the case, it tells me all may not be so swell with Mr. Dotson. Stay tuned.

Legend

User Info Menu

it's true that it's not a beauty contest, and we have some time before any action that really counts.

But reportedly, the Steelers were concerned enough about Dotson to bring in Turner ... if that is indeed the case, it tells me all may not be so swell with Mr. Dotson. Stay tuned.
    Maybe his fatness was ok for the OL coach last season but Klemm is setting a new standard?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You're right Steelers know what we don't. However bringing in Turner was good move even with a DD. We are lacking talent and quality depth up front. Just saying lets hold off making any judgements till these dudes get on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not exactly. We have Turner for 1 year. If we drafted an OG in the first round, we'd have likely had him for 4 or 5 years.
    if Turner plays well we have the cap room next year to re-sign him.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.