Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Might Upset a Few People

Legend

User Info Menu

This Might Upset a Few People

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m7aTWZ][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2m7aTWZ]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Nothing to be upset about. People who know football know how good Tomlin is. He's not perfect, but he is as close to the complete package as any team in the NFL has That's why those in the know, executives and players, respect him regardless of what know-nothing fans think.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Romo's a good talker. Is great as a TV analyst.

Tomlin's a good talker. Would probably be great as a TV analyst.

Don't see why reports of TV execs speaking of wanting to hire Tomlin should be upsetting to anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Don't see why reports of TV execs speaking of wanting to hire Tomlin should be upsetting to anyone.
    Some people aren’t fans of Tomlinisms

I think he would be great in the studio, wouldn’t want to hear him in the booth unless he stripped away some of the big words.

Romo is just okay to me. I just want the game called, I don’t like it when analyst try and predict plays before the snap.

“Its going to be a RUN!!!! Oh wait, they passed!!!”
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Tomlin as a coach and a leader but TBH not sure how he would do as an analyst. He certainly has a knack for one-liners but there also has to be some content behind that as an analyst. And depending on how long he wants to coach this could be a long way off anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I like Tomlin as a coach and a leader but TBH not sure how he would do as an analyst. He certainly has a knack for one-liners but there also has to be some content behind that as an analyst. And depending on how long he wants to coach this could be a long way off anyway.
    I think Tomlin could be a good analyst. I think he's articulate enough for starters. Don't see why not.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 06-23-2021 at 03:39 PM.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I think he's articulant enough for starters.
    and you're definitely not.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Its upsetting to people who claim he cant call plays, doesnt know x's and o's, cant draft players, cant develope players, and only got his job because of the Rooney Rule.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Obviously Tomlin would be great.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and you're definitely not.
    Are comments like this really necessary?