Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Rudolph have what it take to start in 2022?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he keeps progressing I do believe Haskins will pass MR. Maybe not this season but next for sure. He just has a better arm and skill set.

However, all this depends on many variables, including off the field antics. I know young players are not immune to this, even Ben had his troubles. Let's hope Haskins pans out and keeps working hard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think he had been running 3rd when Ben practices, but second when he doesn't?

But I think Alex said that Ben and Haskins were the only ones with 2 minute drills last practice? Maybe it was 7 shots? Said that Haskins hasn't passed Mason but that he thinks the chances of that happening were higher than he thought pre-camp. But both Alex and Dave thought the chances of him being qb2 was pretty low before camp started.

But sounds like Haskins is playing well in camp and Rudolph maybe not?

Will be interesting to see them play in games IMO
    That's the word on the street. MR is having a lack luster camp, not showing growth (shocker). Haskins and Dobbs are having strong camps. I don't think Haskins beats him for #2 mainly to keep Haskins ego in check. But, if Ben goes down, MR will be on a very short leash.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    If he keeps progressing I do believe Haskins will pass MR. Maybe not this season but next for sure. He just has a better arm and skill set.

However, all this depends on many variables, including off the field antics. I know young players are not immune to this, even Ben had his troubles. Let's hope Haskins pans out and keeps working hard.
    As much as I want to see Haskin's progression I think he needs a year behind Ben to fully feel comfortable with the PB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post

But does he have the better "brain housing group?" Lots of physically gifted guys bomb in the NFL because of the lack of brain power not horse power...especially at QB
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But does he have the better "brain housing group?" Lots of physically gifted guys bomb in the NFL because of the lack of brain power not horse power...especially at QB
    Ala Yogi Berra - we won't know, until we know.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think he will pass MR very soon. Haskins can throw a football thru a carwash and it won't get wet.

I can't remember where I read that but he has an arm.

Legend

User Info Menu

How very 1965 of you.

But is he smart enough to play QB?

We are still doing that in 2021. No issues with questioning his maturity but questioning his brain housing? smh
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they should try to trade or cut and roll with haskins/dobbs

rudolph is the same guy he was when he was drafted. garbage

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How very 1965 of you.

But is he smart enough to play QB?

We are still doing that in 2021. No issues with questioning his maturity but questioning his brain housing? smh
    Really? Are you suggesting this is racial stereotyping on my part. You should know better that I'm the last person here to think that way.

But to set the record straight it is based on his documented poor decision making on and off the field, his never being able to master the play book in DC, etc. Guy has a cannon for an arm but that doesn't make him an NFL QB.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? Are you suggesting this is racial stereotyping on my part. You should know better that I'm the last person here to think that way.

But to set the record straight it is based on his documented poor decision making on and off the field, his never being able to master the play book in DC, etc. Guy has a cannon for an arm but that doesn't make him an NFL QB.
    Yea. I'm not sure where dizz was going with that but Haskins' knock is not being able to string together 10 passes without one brain fart. All these camp drills are great but he only has to throw a few passes correctly. Need to see game action from him in preseason. Even then it will be tough to say when facing future backups for the most part. But at least the news is positive so far.