Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Rudolph have what it take to start in 2022?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    from what we've seen so far, I'd say no unless he improves..which i believe is still possible
    I'm with NJ on this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    from what we've seen so far, I'd say no unless he improves..which i believe is still possible
    I agree. B ut Rudolph's biggest flaw is pocket awareness and escapability. It's not clear to me that those things can be coached or improved. Seems you either got it or don't. He's got enough arm and smarts but I think teams will relentlessly pressure him until he can prove he can make them pay.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully the backups will prove them wrong....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-2021-season
    Every NFL Team's Biggest Red Flag Heading into 2021 Season

Pittsburgh Steelers: Quarterback Depth

Don Wright/Associated Press
    2021 may represent the last hurrah for Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. If the Steelers hope to make it a successful one, they're going to have to keep Big Ben healthy and playing well for the majority of the 17-game season.

This could prove problematic for a couple of reasons. For one, Roethlisberger is 39 years old and showed signs of decline late last season. He averaged just 6.3 yards per attempt, which is a career low for a full season.

The Steelers are also looking at a rebuilt offensive line, one that doesn't feature longtime starters Maurkice Pouncey and Alejandro Villanueva. On top of that, Pittsburgh is implementing a new offense under coordinator Matt Canada.

Should Roethlisberger miss extended time or fall off the proverbial cliff this season, the Steelers' campaign could be sunk. The tandem of Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges only delivered eight wins in 2019 despite Pittsburgh boasting the league's fifth-ranked defense.

Rudolph isn't the answer, Dwayne Haskins has shown next to nothing as a pro, and Joshua Dobbs has just 17 career pass attempts. Pittsburgh's 2021 season could hinge entirely on Roethlisberger's battle against the injury bug and Father Time. That should sound the alarm given the way last season came to a close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lmao at “Rudolph and Duck only producing 8 wins”

half the league can’t produce 8 wins with so-called franchise first round QB’s who have all offseason to prepare as the starter and its a negative for QB’s thrown into the fire?

Give Rudolph the who summer as the number 1 and I think we will see him have success.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Those are great points and again both MR and the Duck were thrown into the fire from the frying pan. The offensive coordinator outright sucked, there was no QB coach and we were down to plucking offensive skill players from other teams practice squads (including that offensive juggernaut team 'da Bears).

Connor and JJSS both missed multiple games and the O-Line was pathetic. Moncrief let balls clank off his hands for ints.

Time will tell but hopefully the offense picks it up this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

from multiple training reports, Rudolph does not look to be the future except as a backup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    from multiple training reports, Rudolph does not look to be the future except as a backup.
    Yep. He is def having a rough camp so far. Making it a lot easier for Haskins.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    personally, I think Rudolph will never be more than a mediocre QB.

hope I'm wrong.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/06/fi...start-in-2022/
    He's capable only if your goal is an 80's level QB in Pgh. And we saw where that got us.

Legend

User Info Menu

but he was soooo great in week 17

lololol

Legend

User Info Menu

Does Rudolph have what it take to start in 2022?

No, I hope that helps.