Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Rudolph have what it take to start in 2022?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Does Rudolph have what it take to start in 2022?

Good article and shows some highlights from MR and even a little on Haskins. Tommy-Gun is shown as well.

I am not writing either off just yet and Rudolph throws a nice deep ball and even has a little roll-out in him.

Read more: Film Room: Does Rudolph Have What It Takes To Start In 2022? - Steelers Depot (https://steelersdepot.com/2021/06/film-room-does-rudolph-have-what-it-takes-to-start-in-2022/)

Legend

User Info Menu

personally, I think Rudolph will never be more than a mediocre QB.

hope I'm wrong.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/06/fi...start-in-2022/
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

hope I'm wrong.

I agree. I think his performance in 2019 is typical for him or the best he can do

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

hope I'm wrong.

I’m more intrigued with Haskins. I’m also glad the Steelers have an extra preseason game to let these guys go at it.

Legend

User Info Menu

from what we've seen so far, I'd say no unless he improves..which i believe is still possible

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am pulling for both of them. We may have something here. Time will tell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m more intrigued with Haskins. I’m also glad the Steelers have an extra preseason game to let these guys go at it.
    Same here, Rudolph did not show much of a game to build around. A reason why an underrated rookie beat him out. Haskins looked even worse, but he was a rookie. At least he has a good arm. If either of thee guys start this year for many games we are done.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Same here, Rudolph did not show much of a game to build around. A reason why an underrated rookie beat him out. Haskins looked even worse, but he was a rookie. At least he has a good arm. If either of thee guys start this year for many games we are done.
    I am not sure where you get the facts of who beats who out on this team but Duck did not beat out Rudolph. Duck came in when Rudolph took a viscous hit from the Ravens safety.

Just like Pierre did not beat out Sutton.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Neither MR or the Duck for that matter got a fair shake that season. Both had never taken snaps with the first team and Ben’s injury took everyone by surprise. Couple that with no QB coach and plucking skill players from other teams practice squads did not help either. Both Moncrief and JJSS had perfectly thrown balls clank off their hands for ints. Fitchners offense was sh!t. Go back and watch the games and quit trying to rewrite Steeler history.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hope Iím completely wrong about MR, but I honestly feel like thereís a better shot that Duck comes back and wins is a SuperBowl before MR does anything.

Im hoping for Haskin or a QB yet to be signed to be our Ď22 QB.