Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Ready for 2021?!?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Who's Ready for 2021?!?

Hope this defense can return to greatness ... Watt, Tuitt, Heyward are monsters (that sack of Mayfield @2:27 hurt me just watching it)

also there is an Edmunds INT sighting!

Harris is going to be a beast in the AFCN!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this!

Hopefully, the D can hold strong early because I think the OL will need time to gel.

Glad we have the extra pre-season game this year to try to get some cohesion with the big uglies.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We got a feelin'.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Really great thread topic. worried about our linebacker depth and the opposite corner from Haden but hey, everyone has issues so let's go and see what we got!
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Really great thread topic. worried about our linebacker depth and the opposite corner from Haden but hey, everyone has issues so let's go and see what we got!
    there's not a DC in this league that wouldn't want to be in charge of this defense.
    heyward, tuiit,Watt, bush, haden, fitz

that's 2 stars/above average players on each unit of the defense just to start.

we saw what todd bowles did with his defense in tampa in the post season and especially against the chiefs.
    Chiefs were missing 3 OL and he game planned his defense to perfection. rendering the best QB in the league helpless

we had a similar situation with 3 browns OL missing but somehow crapped the bed vs. a QB making his first playoff start
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 06-12-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    we had a similar situation with 3 browns OL missing but somehow crapped the bed vs. a QB making his first playoff start
    Isn't that something? Who do you think is responsible for that?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know you want to blame it all on Tomlin but the players certainly bear some responsibility also, don't you think?
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone in the organization.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Everyone in the organization.
    I didn’t know Mr. Rooney was part of the game planning during the playoffs. I Appreciate the heads up on that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watt is not only our best player, he's the player that must deliver at all times. Not an easy task. If he has just a decent year these DB's are going to need to exceed expectations. Meeting them won't be enough . All four starters are going to need to stay healthy and have one of their better years. It would be nice for Tuitt to overachieve too. Our depth is thin.

On offense, do we have OL that's ready? I don't know! Ben won't be good without protection. That much I'm sure of.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 06-10-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.