Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Malik Hooker Sighting

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This. People are getting ahead of themselves wanting to get rid of Edmunds. If you can keep him on a reasonable contract I would. He can be Minkah's Ryan Clark
    Fans want to get rid of everyone.. lol.

As soon as we think about picking up a guy or hear a name mentioned people immediately say “so now we can get rid of..”

lmao, no.. that isn’t how this works. We need depth and we also need to be sure the players we pick up can actually play in our system and play well before just throwing guys on the street.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This. People are getting ahead of themselves wanting to get rid of Edmunds. If you can keep him on a reasonable contract I would. He can be Minkah's Ryan Clark
    I hope we can get a long term deal with Edmunds below what his 5th year option would be.

But to do so, I think we'd need to sign the deal this off season.

And if I were him, I might be more interested in testing UFA next year than signing a long term deal in a bad market.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Fans want to get rid of everyone.. lol.

As soon as we think about picking up a guy or hear a name mentioned people immediately say “so now we can get rid of..”

lmao, no.. that isn’t how this works. We need depth and we also need to be sure the players we pick up can actually play in our system and play well before just throwing guys on the street.
    Who's saying cut Edmunds? This is all about getting quality depth for cheap if they can do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    That is what Miami did which is why Fitz is a Steeler.
    True. Wonder how heíd feel in the current situation?

Seems to me like the logical move if Hooker came in healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    True. Wonder how he’d feel in the current situation?

Seems to me like the logical move if Hooker came in healthy.
    Or maybe move Edmunds down in the box?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Who's saying cut Edmunds? This is all about getting quality depth for cheap if they can do it.
    Joel predicted Edmunds would be gone next year if we signed Edmunds.

but there are a bunch of people who aren’t fans of Edmunds because he went to school in VA and people think he was over drafted.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I hope we can get a long term deal with Edmunds below what his 5th year option would be.

But to do so, I think we'd need to sign the deal this off season.

And if I were him, I might be more interested in testing UFA next year than signing a long term deal in a bad market.
    the big worry is that he has a 5-int, 100 tackle season and prices himself above his real market value
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Joel predicted Edmunds would be gone next year if we signed Edmunds.

but there are a bunch of people who aren’t fans of Edmunds because he went to school in VA and people think he was over drafted.

There are a bunch of people who don't like anything this team does...but claim to be fans. However their fandom only is expressed when the team does what they want. Other than that they are trolls
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    the big worry is that he has a 5-int, 100 tackle season and prices himself above his real market value
    I think we let him walk in that case and take the comp pick.

I don't think we'll allow ourselves to tie 2 tag-level guys at S. I wonder if that internal cap structure is why we didn't do the 5th year option with him....even if it would have likely been a small overpayment.