Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Green. Elite athleticism relative to what’s most important at the center position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Green hasn't signed his contract yet. Wonder what's holding things up?

All the other draftees had signed by a few weeks ago, hadn't they?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Green hasn't signed his contract yet. Wonder what's holding things up?

All the other draftees had signed by a few weeks ago, hadn't they?
    Not sure what's up. 89 guys are signed, Green is holding out for what? The money total is going to be the same, maybe he can get more up front? He has zero leverage and is 3rd on the depth chart. Since Finney is a guy who could not play last year and JC doesn't rate you have to wonder about the pick if he can't win the job sometime this year. Physically he's fast for a center, he's also the shortest with short arms and no exactly a power blocker in the big ten.

Yeah, he has a lot to learn but I'm not buying excuses for him physically failing to move people as we passed on two legit power houses at center before in the draft.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 06-14-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Not sure what's up. 89 guys are signed, Green is holding out for what?
    Green isn't holding out, he was at all of the OTAs and hasn't missed any time.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Green isn't holding out, he was at all of the OTAs and hasn't missed any time.
    Did I miss read that? I thought he doesn't have a signed contract.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...e-center-guard
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think both of these things are true.

Players can always attend things even without contracts.

They may even still be protected from injury in OTAs.

I think unsigned guys can get screwed if they get hurt in mandatory activities though.

My understanding is that there's not much that can be negotiated in his contract. I think on they Terrible Podcast they were guessing that it is probably something minor like what his salary would be if he was on the practice squad instead of the team or things like that.

IMO this will get done because he doesn't have much leverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure what's up. 89 guys are signed, Green is holding out for what? The money total is going to be the same, maybe he can get more up front? He has zero leverage and is 3rd on the depth chart. Since Finney is a guy who could not play last year and JC doesn't rate you have to wonder about the pick if he can't win the job sometime this year. Physically he's fast for a center, he's also the shortest with short arms and no exactly a power blocker in the big ten.

Yeah, he has a lot to learn but I'm not buying excuses for him physically failing to move people as we passed on two legit power houses at center before in the draft.
    why would there be any excuses. If he fails. it was a bad pick. If he excels its a good pick.

Its way too early to talk about what he cant do and why.. lol.
    Tomlins coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I read yesterday that several players drafted in the same range as Green are also unsigned. Something to do with structure of the contracts and incentives

Will be a total non-issue
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, It is time to "use your eyes" my friend.

Try looking at the PICTURE in your own link. Where do you think Green is? What is he doing? Here it is:

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-14-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Try looking at the PICTURE in your own link. Where do you think Green is? What is he doing? Here it is:

Oh wait, I forgot I better make it clear....this is a picture of Green, NOT Pouncey.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-14-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.