Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Klemm Brings Intensity, Aggressiveness to Steelers Offensive Line

Legend

User Info Menu

Adrian Klemm Brings Intensity, Aggressiveness to Steelers Offensive Line

Adrian Klemm Brings Intensity, Aggressiveness to Steelers Offensive Line

May 26, 2021
    By Nick Farabaugh

The Steelers overhauled their entire offensive line. To no one’s surprise, that also included the offensive line coach, as Shaun Sarrett was let go. Enter in new coach Adrian Klemm, who primarily worked with the Steelers’ young offensive lineman over the past few seasons as the team’s assistant offensive line coach.

Kevin Dotson is already noticing the tone that Klemm is setting in the room. Sarrett had a more laid-back style, however, Klemm has proven to be rambunctious and aggressive in the early going.

“There’s a little more intensity,” Dotson said. “There’s a little more ‘we need to go’. It’s a little more aggressive.”

Klemm noted that when the Steelers drafted both Kendrick Green and Dan Moore, that he considered both to be nasty and aggressive-minded. It appears that Klemm is trying to foster a culture of aggressiveness within the offensive line room.

“Even the way we come off the blocks, there’s no more getting behind people, it’s more of going down the middle of them,” Dotson said. “Even the verbiage he uses in meetings is way more aggressive. It’s not just getting to the block, it’s more ‘run through his face’ or other stuff I really can’t say. He’s using more aggressive terms and I feel like that pushes our mindset.”

While most players will be getting a new introduction to Klemm this year, that is not the case for Dotson. During Dotson’s excellent rookie season, Klemm was the guy who he mostly talked to throughout the year.

“He (Klemm) helped more of the younger guys,” Dotson said. “He helped you learn stance and just coaching you up on stuff. If I needed to ask somebody about plays I would go to him first before I go to anybody else. He was already like a mentor”

It seems that nastiness is part of what the Steelers believe will help turn the running game around from a season ago. For Dotson himself, nastiness is not something he needs to learn. However, Klemm is also changing how the offensive line will line up pre-snap. Klemm is emphasizing three-point stances for tackles especially over the two-point stances or standing up stances many of the tackles took last year.

It appears that Klemm’s energy and intensity are something that he hopes will go through to his lineman. In the efforts to fix the running game, Klemm will be a key factor in helping the young lineman get up to speed, and turning around a rushing attack that was the league’s worst a season ago.

https://steelersnow.com/adrian-klemm...ffensive-line/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Adrian Klemm Emphasizing Three-Point Stances For Offensive Line

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/05/ad...ffensive-line/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Hawaiian - great posts and I do want to thank you posting articles. At times I am quite busy and it’s nice coming here and reading them.

Much appreciated!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

glad they are putting a hand in the dirt again. annoys me that they played from a 2 point stance so much last year

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm liking what I'm reading about Klemm. But proof will be in the pudding

Thanks to Hawaiian for finding and posting good stories
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

KDot splains how things work to the rookie OL class:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m1RMvV][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2m1RMvV]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Hawaiian - great posts and I do want to thank you posting articles. At times I am quite busy and it’s nice coming here and reading them.

Much appreciated!
    yes.. Hawaiian really provides the board with great updates and articles.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm liking what I'm reading about Klemm. But proof will be in the pudding

Thanks to Hawaiian for finding and posting good stories
    This.

I'll believe we've got a good OL when they play well in games.

The stories sound good, but it's also puff piece season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yes.. Hawaiian really provides the board with great updates and articles.
    It's nice to have a one stop shop here.

Thanks Hawaiian and everyone that shares links
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-27-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Adrian Klemm Emphasizing Three-Point Stances For Offensive Line

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/05/ad...ffensive-line/
    AV got vilified on this board for telling reporters the linemen really didn't like being in a 2 point stance for a majority of the plays. Looks like he was speaking the truth.