Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: visiting the Burgh

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: visiting the Burgh

Me and the fam are planning a long weekend to the Burgh next weekend. We usually do a couple of trips a year. But this time we were planning a ride on the GAP.
    Anyone have experience and know the best parts for about a 25 mile ride?
    (We are staying downtown on the Southside somewhere.

Thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is the GAP? For some of us that are a bit further out.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Must be hitting up all the Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy stores in PIT.

They probably have some good Memorial Day sales coming up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Great Allegheny Passage... a bike trail that starts in downtown and goes along the river. Eventually connects with the C&O and you can ride to D.C. if you are hardcore. Only planning a short trip though so would like to pick a prime section near downtown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Great Allegheny Passage... a bike trail that starts in downtown and goes along the river. Eventually connects with the C&O and you can ride to D.C. if you are hardcore. Only planning a short trip though so would like to pick a prime section near downtown.
    Thanks, now it makes sense to me.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Must be hitting up all the Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy stores in PIT.

They probably have some good Memorial Day sales coming up.
    I thought I was the only one that shopped there lol.

Molon labe

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

... and here i was all excited about Offensive Tackles visiting the team.....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    ... and here i was all excited about Offensive Tackles visiting the team.....
    That was my 1st thought too. Lol

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m trying to make a visit home this summer.

Show my kids where it all started.

I’m not riding nike trails tho. Prolly hit up the zoo, incline, point park and strip district and kids museum
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Iím trying to make a visit home this summer.

Show my kids where it all started.

Iím not riding nike trails tho. Prolly hit up the zoo, incline, point park and strip district and kids museum
    I bet the kids would love Kennywood.

I was just talking to a buddy about going back to visit the park. Every time I go back, I have so many people to visit I havenít had a chance to get back to KW. And it looks like they have some awesome new rides since 25+ yrs ago which was the last time I was there.

We did one of those Duck Boat tours a while back when we visited. It was kinda cool seeing stuff from the streets and the rivers without driving around.

I always say Iím gonna go visit home one day and not tell anyone Iím there so I have time to see/do everything we did as kids.