Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Steelers First Losing Season under Tomlin?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well the division is much harder without Brady.. lol.

Notice how Bills are legit now that they have a QB.
    I wonder who the best non-Brady QB in that division for the ~ 15 years Brady was there?

But while they were helped by a bad division, it's not like they didn't perform in the playoffs against good teams. Or against us in our near-annual games.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I wonder who the best non-Brady QB in that division for the ~ 15 years Brady was there?

But while they were helped by a bad division, it's not like they didn't perform in the playoffs against good teams. Or against us in our near-annual games.
    Agreed, but a weak division gives many benefits, like helping secure home field advantage.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think both of you are correct.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

what do you guys think our record will be heading into the bye week?

Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

I'll say 4-2
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

It all comes down to performance at 2 huge unknowns... O-Line and corner.
    With O-Line being obviously the biggest question mark.
    Solid play at these 2 positions will make us contenders... poor play will send us to 6-10, 7-9

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    It all comes down to performance at 2 huge unknowns... O-Line and corner.
    With O-Line being obviously the biggest question mark.
    Solid play at these 2 positions will make us contenders... poor play will send us to 6-10, 7-9
    I have more confidence in the OL than Sutton being an island at CB. I like Sutton and I think he will be fine long-term but will have some rough spots

I think the offense Canada is bringing in will help the OL. Last year, opponents stacked the box because they knew Fichtner was calling quick passes and it created overmatches with our five OL trying to block six or seven. That is why we couldn't run. Plus Conner wasn't a make things happen back. He could only take what the OL could create. I think Harris is a completely new dynamic. Watch his college games...if there isn't a hole he can change direction and make space for himself. I think he was a great Round 1 pick for our situation and will help the OL.

I'll still say even with the toughest schedule in the NFL we get 10 wins
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Still feel like it's gonna be a slow start for the offense with all the new pieces combined with tough opponents.
    The "easiest win" should be DEN.
    They struggled badly against a Burrow-less CIN last season.
    SEA @ home helps but Wilson is a top 5 QB.
    The wildcard is GB... Rodgerless or no??

Pessimistic: 2- 4
    Optimistic: 4 - 2

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll go 2-4 to 3-3.

The preseason games will set us at a disadvantage offensively... due to our being overly conservative with protecting Ben..
    As a result..itll take us a few games to get the offense dialed in.. as we have seen in the past.

Legend

User Info Menu

Optimistic: 5-1
    Pessimistic: 4-2
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?