Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers are choosing to decline Terrell Edmunds’ 5th year option

Legend

User Info Menu

Not surprised they didn't pick up the option on Edmunds. He was a reach pick who has improved, but not enough to warrant that kind of money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm surprised by the decision on Edmunds. The 5th year option of $6.7 is a pretty modest price tag. It's more than he is worth now, but not drastically. If he takes another step forward, it would probably be roughly in line with the salary expectations for a young starter. I would love to see the Steelers sign Edmunds to a modest extension, and maybe they plan to do so without setting the floor at $6.7/year annually. Not that I think Edmunds is great, but the Steelers have a lot of needs next year - QB (probably), CB, OL (it will take 2-3 drafts to rebuild) - and do not need to create another need.
    Ya...we'll see if they try to negotiate a long term deal with him this offseason. Hopefully they feel like they can extend him cheaper than the 5th year option.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t mind seeing us eventually move Haden to S to prolong his career in Pittsburgh.

Ive never been big on Edmunds.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It still annoys me that the Steelers passed on Darius Leonard for this bum.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    It still annoys me that the Steelers passed on Darius Leonard for this bum.
    and Nick Chubb to

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Black&Gold View Post
    and Nick Chubb to
    hindsight is always 20/20...they drafted Conner the year before in the 3rd rd and had Bell as well. You are suggesting they turn around and draft Chubb in Rd 1 in 2018??? Glad you aren't the GM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    hindsight is always 20/20...they drafted Conner the year before in the 3rd rd and had Bell as well. You are suggesting they turn around and draft Chubb in Rd 1 in 2018??? Glad you aren't the GM.
    why so aggressive? I only mentioned him because the other poster said Darius Leonard.

makes me not want to post here anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Black&Gold View Post
    why so aggressive? I only mentioned him because the other poster said Darius Leonard.

makes me not want to post here anymore.
    wow... if you have a problem with that reply you really don't belong on this board. You're gonna have to grow a few layers of skin to survive here. Welcome

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think most of the reason we have that much cap space is that contracts ended and we don't have very many players signed.

It will be interesting to see how they use the space they have.

And if the mid-tier UFA market is still depressed, it could be great to have space with few guys under contract.

I really hope that this isn't Colbert's last year. I think next off season will be very important and I'd prefer to have a known good GM in charge because the chances of screwing up is really high.
    Yes.. most definitely. We need Colbert to stay 3 more years to see us through the full transition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yes.. most definitely. We need Colbert to stay 3 more years to see us through the full transition.
    but but but Colbert didn't draft the positions like you wanted him to
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha