Thread: Is It Mediocrity or Parity?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is It Mediocrity or Parity?

Way too long to post but good points brought up about strangeness in the NFL this season, and exactly which team is a front runner, and which NFL QB has the MVP lead;

This came out right after the PIT-LAC game, and the Steelers get a few lines of mention;

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...fl-teams-gone/

joshua.hermsmeyer: Al Michaels talking about Herbert like he was Michaelsís favorite grandson was the best part of last nightís telecast.

neil: There was SO much Herbert love in that broadcast.

Salfino:
    The Steelers defense is so ordinary when T.J. Watt isnít playing, and when Minkah Fitzpatrick is out too, well, Murder She Wrote.

sara.ziegler: And yet Pittsburgh staged that comeback. I thought for a second that the Ghost of Chargers Past was back.

neil: These Chargers are #BuiltDifferent.

Salfino: And then Mike Williams made a play for the first time it seemed since Dan Fouts was QB.

joshua.hermsmeyer: We almost had to cancel Brandon Staley. But he staved it off for another week, at least.

sara.ziegler: Whew.

Salfino: Staley is getting so much sweetness for the fourth downs that itís nauseating. Weíre overcorrecting. The team is underachieving.

Legend

User Info Menu

This season is doing a great job reminding fans that on any given sunday.. anything can happen.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

It interesting the talk of 'load management' is appearing now in the NFL. This is the first time I've heard that maybe BAL is holding LJ out for that purpose (even though the official version is 'illness').

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It interesting the talk of 'load management' is appearing now in the NFL. This is the first time I've heard that maybe BAL is holding LJ out for that purpose (even though the official version is 'illness').
    I wonder if he has covid and they are saying its another illness so they don’t have to go thru protocol or admit he has it again.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder if he has covid and they are saying its another illness so they don’t have to go thru protocol or admit he has it again.
    Hasn't he tested positive twice already?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The NFL is a league of parity. Each and every week players, coaches, and teams are coming to win regardless of records, rankings, statistics, ect. Maybe I am wrong but upsets probably happen more often in the NFL than any other sport.