Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Green

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Aside from going blind with the font color, this is a great synopsis of Green. As I posted before, Williamson on SNR said Green "is the kind of player that wears on you.....by the end of the game you want nothing to do with him".
    It all sounds good.

1) I hope he's right
    2) I wonder if he wrote all of this before or after we selected Green. I really liked that Moats was talking up Freiermuth before the draft because I know he's a homer and defaults to being pro-Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It all sounds good.

1) I hope he's right
    2) I wonder if he wrote all of this before or after we selected Green. I really liked that Moats was talking up Freiermuth before the draft because I know he's a homer and defaults to being pro-Steelers.
    its not wolfley, but this video was pre draft. they talk alot about green here

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    its not wolfley, but this video was pre draft. they talk alot about green here

Thanks. This was a fun watch.

You can tell that they seem excited to talk about him.

Ultimately, it feels to me like how he works out will go a long way toward grading this draft.

Hopefully he ends up as a "smart and tough interior offensive lineman" who "you can't take a job away from".

I guess on the downside, they also kind of highlighted the importance (and apparent predictive power?) of elite shuttle times (sub 4.5s times). They made it sound like few IOL get below that time and the guys that do tend to be long term hits (didn't do any research myself so don't know if this is true).

Green was at 4.67 (ranked as about average in RAS). I think Humphrey (4.46s) and Meinerz (4.5 are the two guys we will benchmark Green against (maybe unfairly in terms of Humphrey since we picked Freier over Creed, not Green) scored in the "elite" range on that drill.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-07-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Thanks. This was a fun watch.

You can tell that they seem excited to talk about him.

Ultimately, it feels to me like how he works out will go a long way toward grading this draft.

Hopefully he ends up as a "smart and tough interior offensive lineman" who "you can't take a job away from".

I guess on the downside, they also kind of highlighted the importance (and apparent predictive power?) of elite shuttle times (sub 4.5s times). They made it sound like few IOL get below that time and the guys that do tend to be long term hits (didn't do any research myself so don't know if this is true).

Green was at 4.67 (ranked as about average in RAS). I think Humphrey (4.46s) and Meinerz (4.5 are the two guys we will benchmark Green against (maybe unfairly in terms of Humphrey since we picked Freier over Creed, not Green) scored in the "elite" range on that drill.
    i think it was williamson who chimed in with "that's fine" when prusata asked (in the background) what was green shuttle time.
    then thats when lolley/will said how 4.5 and under was in the 90 percentile.

and I agree. the draft and the probably the line play/offensive side of the ball in the next year or 2 hinges on green becoming the starting center. that would make passing on humprey for fry more tolerable.
    the OL as we saw was in bad shape
    and i doubt finney is the answer. we'll see if they were right in their assessment.

scratch that. some will see if they are right or were wrong in their assessment
    some think they are always right
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 05-07-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

and i'll add that we have to see something from loudermilk as far as our draft grade goes. maybe not right away, but in a couple years

its supposed to be a really deep 2022 draft next year (as mention by Williamson on one the videos in that series above) because of all the teams that didn't play due to covid, they'll essentially have 2 classes of seniors if a lot of players want to go pro.

trading a pick next year fpr someone slated to go really late or perhaps undrafted doesn't look like a great move on paper.
    hopefully one of the scouts had a great evaluation on him and he becomes a player we can use

Backup

User Info Menu

and i'll add that we have to see something from loudermilk as far as our draft grade goes. maybe not right away, but in a couple years

its supposed to be a really deep 2022 draft next year (as mention by Williamson on one the videos in that series above) because of all the teams that didn't play due to covid, they'll essentially have 2 classes of seniors if a lot of players want to go pro.

trading a pick next year fpr someone slated to go really late or perhaps undrafted doesn't look like a great move on paper.
    hopefully one of the scouts had a great evaluation on him and he becomes a player we can use
    The team has a pretty solid track record evaluating defensive lineman so I think Loudermilk with be a good add. The position coach seemed to very high on him.

We traded a 4th round pick next year when we will probably get at least three comp picks. Its far from the end of the world that some are trying to make it out to be

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mifflin View Post
    The team has a pretty solid track record evaluating defensive lineman so I think Loudermilk with be a good add. The position coach seemed to very high on him.

We traded a 4th round pick next year when we will probably get at least three comp picks. Its far from the end of the world that some are trying to make it out to be
    3 comp picks are the most any team can receive in a given year.

the fact that we seemingly wanted Loudermilk so badly does make me think we saw something in him that we really liked.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mifflin View Post

yes, i heard his presser, he liked him. he also mentioned (i think it was him) that there didn't seem to be a lot of 5 tech DL with his size coming out of the draft next year. so I understand the pick and getting one this year, i might question why we're running a system where most colleges are not producing 5 techs ( i'd rather be selecting players from a deeper talent pool) but i'll leave that discussion for another time.

it is not the end of the world, i'd just rather have more picks in what people are saying is a deeper draft. We also might also need those picks if we have to trade up to draft a QB.

PS. the estimates right now are we be receiving a 3rd and 5th round comp pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Kendrick Green scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 90 out of 1152 OG from 1987 to 2021

https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19600&pos=OG
    If you like RAS scores Meinerz was a 9.98 and Humphrey was a 10.0. Unlike the undersized Green who played 4 games in his college career at center these two proved it in the senior bowl by moving people backward. If you impress in the senior bowl, you 've got a player.

There are 3 pages of players ( 75 other guys who have above 9.23 ) that have better RAS scores in comparison to Green. These scores are new to me, but they appear to be liberal.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2021/01/23/2021-draft-class-ras/
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    If you like RAS scores Meinerz was a 9.98 and Humphrey was a 10.0. Unlike the undersized Green who played 4 games in his college career at center these two proved it in the senior bowl by moving people backward. If you impress in the senior bowl, you 've got a player.

There are 3 pages of players ( 75 other guys who have above 9.23 ) that have better RAS scores in comparison to Green. These scores are new to me, but they appear to be liberal.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2021/01/23/2021-draft-class-ras/
    There is this from their website analyzing 20 yrs of data:

OC Measurements Table
    Center is a position that I haven’t been able to show any consistent trends with RAS and success in the NFL. Travis Frederick and Rodney Hudson for instance measured below 2.00 out of 10.00, while Jason Kelce and Alex Mack measured well above average. Still, depending on the type of offense you run it can be more important to view specific measurables and know what your thresholds are.
    EDIT: some RAS examples

Maurkice Pouncey: 2.9
    Alex Mack 7.76
    Jason Kelce 9.34
    B.J. Finney 1.37
    Shaq Mason 8.85
    Shane McDermott 5.68
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 05-08-2021 at 08:44 AM.