Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friermuth at 55

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Friermuth at 55

Good player but a slight reach. Can't believe they passed on an OL. Especially Humphrey
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Good player but a slight reach. Can't believe they passed on an OL. Especially Humphrey
    Yeah..I'm scratching my head on this one.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Put it this way, this wasn't a Terrell Edmunds moment where I almost broke a tv... not mad but not excited. Especially having Ebron still... quite a gamble to be doing leaving Humphrey and Meinerz there.
    2021 Steelers draft class
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Najee Harris, RB; Alabama
    2. Pat Freirmuth, TE; Penn State
    3. Kendrick Green, C; Illinois
    4a. Dan Moore Jr, OT; Texas A&M
    4b. Buddy Johnson, ILB; Texas A&M
    5. Isaiahh Loudermilk, DE; Wisconsin
    6. Quincy Roche, OLB; Miami
    7a. Tre Norwood, DB; Oklahoma
    7b. Pressley Harvin III, P; Georgia Tech

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh he's a reach. I'd feel better with Friermuth in round three but that's not going to happen. The 4 tackles went off the board quickly before our pick in round two. Okay but why not the two centers?

If he can block his weight and limit Ebron in the offense, I'll be okay with this pick. Might like it. I still think there was better on board.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wasn't gonna drink tonight......wasn't
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jesse James 2.0

Legend

User Info Menu

A reach? Or more of a disappointed they didnít go OL?

I havenít seen this guy go past pick 40 on mocks. And have heard people say heís a 1st rounder if he didnít get injured

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I wasn't gonna drink tonight......wasn't

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Jesse James 2.0
    Id say more like the TE out of Penn state playing in miami.

j james runs like he has his sac stapled to one of his legs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can we trade Ebron now!