Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Freiermuth TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    NB.. I never said people fell in love with players on the OL.

I said its hard for people to accept that our FO liked Najee and Pat more than the guys left at OL when we drafted them.
    Thanks. Sorry I misread.

Legend

User Info Menu

With TEs over the years like Bruener and Heath, the Steelers have long considered the TE position as much a part of the Oline as the receiving corps. Ebron is exclusively a receiving TE, Freiermuth will be ask to contribute in both phases.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eric Ebron & Pat Freiermuth

With the Pittsburgh Steelers spending their 2021 second-round draft pick on Penn State tight end Pat Freiermuth, it helped solidify him with Eric Ebron as the top two players at the position. Additionally, the Steelers could see more two tight end sets under new offensive coordinator Matt Canada. Coach Tomlin was asked what he has seen in regards to the relationship between Ebron and Freiermuth.

“I don’t know anything about relationships with Ebron, to be honest with you. I just see Pat out there working his tail off and making plays and having a good offseason and I’m excited about that.”

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ron-freiermuth
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he's gonna be a good one:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Yes he is. Will be a good one
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Could have just resigned Jesse James
    Jesse James just signed with the Bears.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-jesse-james/

Legend

User Info Menu

First Najee then this guy?

Now we have TWO rookies who don't seem to know they were born with TWO hands?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-26-2021 at 12:10 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Now if I see a pic of DJ doing this I'm gonna be really excited!

Legend

User Info Menu

The one handed catch always gets the crowd going.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I know that you're being sarcastic here.

But I think that the Steelers certainly felt that they were going BPA in rd 2. They went with a TE (generally don't do much in year one as seen in the link above). Blocking TE2 was a need this year. But I think Jesse James is still a UFA and I'm sure could have been had for cheap (and still could be). TE1 will be a bigger need next year and grooming one is nice. But it certainly wasn't the biggest need on the team (probably C, then maybe T / CB / RB IMO).

I think Harris was probably something like BPA too. Although more like BPA at a position of need. There's a reasonable argument not to take RBs in round 1, but he looks like he'll be good (assuming we have anyone that can block for them).

This year I think it's tough to argue we were picking for need when we waited so long to take OL (where we arguably needed 2 starters).

I disagree with Felt that it's just that people fell in love with particular players. I think it's more that we looked more at short term team needs given that this is Ben's last year. And that it feels a bit like wasting Ben's last year and another prime year of TJ and Minkah if the OL turns out to be a flaming bag of poop (and Heyward, Tuitt, and Haden aren't getting younger either).

It's hard to be good if you don't have good OL play. And we're gambling on a lot of things in parallel here. There are arguably significant question marks at all 5 positions on the line. I think we need to win or push on all of those bets. Because the line can fall apart from one bad player, especially if it's the C.

But maybe I was just scared by the "can he play center?" days.
    This drafts reminds me on the one where we took little OL help when it was clear we needed it, and Tomin arrogantly stated "There are different ways to helping Ben than drafting O linemen" or something to that effect. I believe that draft turned out to be a big zero.