Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Freiermuth TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Psu Homer here. Great pick. I think we can get ol center in 3rd. But these 2 picks will have immediate impact and also be a big part of offense post Ben.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    Psu Homer here. Great pick. I think we can get ol center in 3rd. But these 2 picks will have immediate impact and also be a big part of offense post Ben.
    I'm guessing PSU homers who know this player will say he's a stud in practice and some games. Too bad he was hurt most of 2020 and didn't offer full draft workouts.

Forget this baby Gronk stuff. IMO he's not Heath Miller either. Freiermuth looks productive in the red zone. Has has some speed and size but my question is this, what does he do well enough to build around? My worry is we just took an above average player across the board but a guy who doesn't do anything particular well. Could have been picked sooner if he wasn't injured.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    Name the last rookie TE that has had an immediate impact

Legend

User Info Menu

There is a positive with the pick. Maybe it will convince Ebron to step up his game. In fact, reading Freiermuth's draft profile he seems to be the anti-Ebron TE.

There’s a lot more that Freiermuth brings to his game than simple physicality — as we’ll get to in a minute — but Freiermuth’s toughness is one of the first things that jumps off the screen. In every phase of his game, Freiermuth brings an alpha mentality. At his route stem, he matches any contact he faces. In contested catch situations, he has strong hands and an ability to box out defenders with his frame. Even after the catch, he’s an angry runner who has the ability to keep churning his legs and grind out tough yards through contact.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's a great pick. I think we should extend Colbert and Tomlin again before their 3rd round pick.

All kidding aside, a lot of olineman still available but they may need to move up in the 3rd because a lot of defense and WRs went in the 2nd. I have a bad feeling there is going to be a lot of OL selected in the 3rd.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Could have just resigned Jesse James and drafted Creed Humphrey.
    Exactly what I thought as soon as Franco said Pat...

I don’t dislike the player, just can’t see picking him given what else was available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There is a positive with the pick. Maybe it will convince Ebron to step up his game. In fact, reading Freiermuth's draft profile he seems to be the anti-Ebron TE.

There’s a lot more that Freiermuth brings to his game than simple physicality — as we’ll get to in a minute — but Freiermuth’s toughness is one of the first things that jumps off the screen. In every phase of his game, Freiermuth brings an alpha mentality. At his route stem, he matches any contact he faces. In contested catch situations, he has strong hands and an ability to box out defenders with his frame. Even after the catch, he’s an angry runner who has the ability to keep churning his legs and grind out tough yards through contact.
    Trade up, grab a good center, and I’m relaxed and happy with this pick. We got a long wait for our third round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Trade up, grab a good center, and I’m relaxed and happy with this pick. We got a long wait for our third round pick.
    And there goes another Center. Josh Myers to the Packers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not so surprised they took Friermuth as some had him mocked late 1st/early 2nd and the Steelers had gushed about him

It just feels more like a luxury pick to me ... I'd think you'd want to prioritize getting the physical movers on the OL

Just wait until they really pi$$ us off by selecting a QB or DL in round #3

In all seriousness, maybe they have their sights on a couple of the OL I have listed in the bottom half of my mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Freiermuth is a big target for Ben who is a redzone threat, our TE position is now set for a long time.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha