Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Eve - Final Predications????

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL Draft Eve - Final Predications????

OMG, I can barely wait a minute longer.

All the anticipation for the start of the new season begins tomorrow.

Who will we pick? Will we make a trade? Will other teams do things that benefit/hurt us?

By now I know many of you have tried to consider just about every scenario you can fathom. And I still bet dollars to donuts, the Steelers will do something or pick someone that will leave all of us scratching our heads asking WTF.

Might be good. Might be bad. We will still over react positively or negatively and no one will know for sure how this will play out for years.

It is all about building our hope for the future. I am ready to start over. To start new. To start fresh. To start down the path to believing we can win another SuperBowl.

Where are we on that journey. Are we a year away, a decade, or even longer. No one knows but we all need to believe in something right?

So what are your predictions? Anyone out on a limb with their predictions?

Maybe this is a year we make another trade for the next Jerome Bettis? ThatÂ’s one I do not think I have heard anyone consider.

Does anyone see the Steelers doing anything unpredictable? I can still see logic in the 1st 2 picks being CB and LB. And I can see a case for a TE next.

I think most think we need to go OT, C, RB in some order with our first 3 picks, but I say fudge that. I sorta think the bigger issue with our running game is our O and play calling more than anything.

And why not keep doubling down on D? I think we might be better off having a dominant unit vs having 2 average units.

Most top teams are great on 1 side of the ball and adequate on the other. I think we need to lean in on our great D and being adequate on O.

What do yinz think?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't wait either... I haven't left the house all day ( 4 pm right now, no work today) and I have been reading all they rumors and hype.

I am starting to think Sermon is going to be the RB we take, with a trade back in the 3rd.... get Sermon and Tremble.

Colbert talking about center depth... we are taking one late. ( Hainnsey) Finger cross I want "THE GUTTED ONE".

NOT IN ORDER

My first round player list:
    Harris
    Jenkins
    Humphry
    Collins
    J. Davis

My second round player list
    Browning
    Meinerz
    Molden
    Stokes
    Grant UFC
    Leinchenburgh
    Radnuz
    Spencer

Keeping true to Sermon rumor and Colbert comment:
    * trade back 3rd
    1.24 Jenkins OT
    2.55 Molden CB
    *Sermon RB
    *Tremble TE

4.128 Little/Spencer/Hudson
    4.140 Barnes ILB
    Hainnsey C/G

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t really get into the hype until right before our pick..

best thing about the draft first day is the player reactions, fan reactions and just watching it all play out.

23 picks ahead of us that will impact who we have a chance to select.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t see how rb, ot or c can’t be the first pick(unless we move up). Actually 3 out of the first 5 picks, I think.
    With all the talk of improving our running game, any other positions would make Rooney’s comments look kinda foolish.
    The steelers aren’t known for trying to fool other teams. They usually make it quite well known who they like and who they will take. Sometimes to a fault.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don’t see how rb, ot or c can’t be the first pick(unless we move up). Actually 3 out of the first 5 picks, I think.
    With all the talk of improving our running game, any other positions would make Rooney’s comments look kinda foolish.
    The steelers aren’t known for trying to fool other teams. They usually make it quite well known who they like and who they will take. Sometimes to a fault.
    not sure if its really a secret that our running game was trash and needs to be improved.

that being said, I can also see us going LB first because that is just what we do. We will address the running game but it doesn’t mean CB or LB in the first isn’t a possibility.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    not sure if its really a secret that our running game was trash and needs to be improved.

that being said, I can also see us going LB first because that is just what we do. We will address the running game but it doesn’t mean CB or LB in the first isn’t a possibility.
    Obviously it’s no secret but for the owner to repeatedly say the moves they will/did make are you improve the running game and draft a different position makes no sense.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, the 15-minute intervals kill me. Seems like forever between picks.

I will say this, a lot of our pick at #24 hinges on what the doctor's update is on Landon Dickerson. Good report from the doc and he may be our pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Yes, the 15-minute intervals kill me. Seems like forever between picks.

I will say this, a lot of our pick at #24 hinges on what the doctor's update is on Landon Dickerson. Good report from the doc and he may be our pick.
    I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of doctor calls on picks this year.

I think that and the COVID season and the lack of D play has a lot of guys overrated, underrated, and unknown.

I really think this draft is going to show us which teams are really good at drafting unlike other years.

And I suspect teams with low grades coming out of this week might be the big winners.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    The biggest de factor in improving the Run Game has been implemented, they got rid of Fitchner.

Second problem was us leaning too muh on Conner, who is a good back, but too injury prone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My prediction is that the Steelers will select a Linebacker in this draft.