Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

good draft rumor read

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...zz-draft-week/

highlight
    Jimmy G still possible to Patriots
    Ertz to be traded
    Jets might go RB in 2nd 1st
    STEELERS---> LIKE SERMON ( TAKE HIM DAY TWO IF MISS OUT ON HARRIS)
    ILB Barnes mover up draft boards
    QB Mills possible 1st rounder? NE?
    Sutton Smith as UFA FB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my guess....J G to patriots for Mac Jones? Pits to SF ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head spinning here!....
    So if Harris is gone we only have him as 1st round grade? And we would take Sermon at 55, since J. Williams is projected to go 1st half of 2nd?
    But is 55 too early? 87 might risk it?
    Trade back from 55 to get Sermon and ( if he slides) Dickerson or Tremble?
    Does that mean Humphry or Farley or Collins or Jenkins in the 1st?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Sermon is going to be very average in the NFL. He flashed late last season but wasn't the lead back at any time during his college career
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Sermon is going to be very average in the NFL. He flashed late last season but wasn't the lead back at any time during his college career
    I think a lot of players in this draft are going to surprise us. Still think last year fools gold for a lot of players.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I LOVE THE DRAFT.

It is my 2nd favorite sporting event after the NCAA tourney!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is what puzzles me...

But I am getting same vibe, that I got last year, when I read about the Steelers connection to Highsmith a day before the draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They must be reading my mock

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have a unique perspective on Sermon as I have followed him his entire career. At OU he was part of a rotational backfield. More often than not he was the starter. However at OU there are always 3-4 RB's who get the ball. When Sermon was there he split carries with Rodney Anderson and Kennedy Brooks and Rhamondre Stevenson. All 3 of which are career 6 yard per carry backs (Sermon is also). OU has had this type of approach for as long as I can remember, even when they had Adrian Peterson, plenty of other backs got work. It's part of their recruiting pitch. Come show you can be a stud and we won't run the wheels off you. You can still have plenty of tread for the NFL. One thing I know for sure. Whenever Trey Serrmon carries the rock he produces. As evidenced in his short season at Ohio St. also.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    They must be reading my mock

Too funny...

The more I look at your mock, the more I can see it setting up to being our real draft...

I am trying to figure out though is Sermon at 87 too early? Do you think we could trade back ( LAC 97/11 and grab both Tremble ( 97) and Sermon (11

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Too funny...

The more I look at your mock, the more I can see it setting up to being our real draft...

I am trying to figure out though is Sermon at 87 too early? Do you think we could trade back ( LAC 97/11 and grab both Tremble ( 97) and Sermon (11
    If they wan't Sermon, I would not risk trading back in 3rd. Especially given that it's not a secret they like him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...zz-draft-week/

highlight
    Jimmy G still possible to Patriots
    Ertz to be traded
    Jets might go RB in 2nd 1st
    STEELERS---> LIKE SERMON ( TAKE HIM DAY TWO IF MISS OUT ON HARRIS)
    ILB Barnes mover up draft boards
    QB Mills possible 1st rounder? NE?
    Sutton Smith as UFA FB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my guess....J G to patriots for Mac Jones? Pits to SF ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head spinning here!....
    So if Harris is gone we only have him as 1st round grade? And we would take Sermon at 55, since J. Williams is projected to go 1st half of 2nd?
    But is 55 too early? 87 might risk it?
    Trade back from 55 to get Sermon and ( if he slides) Dickerson or Tremble?
    Does that mean Humphry or Farley or Collins or Jenkins in the 1st?

I like the thinking. If they miss on Harris I would not mind a trade down scenario. Grab Williams plus a pick. Or pick at 24 and get Sermon on day 2.

I like Sermon. He’s big, usually durable minus the NC game, can block and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Many scouts think he can add another 10 pounds of muscle to fill out a bit. The knock on him is he runs a little too upright at times and lacks top end speed.