Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 277

Thread: Canada's Offense

  1. #241
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Steelers 2021 training camp: 5 things to watch for from Matt Canada's offense

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/li...training-camp/

  2. #242
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    1. i've agreed with you on running more in 2021 to help ben and to not rely on his arm as much

    2. i've stated it would have been nice to have a talented back to lessen the load the last 3 years as well

    3. I am disagreeing with you on your assessment of throwing too much in the bell years. i've broken it down to show its not that much off of what most of the league does. and to also suggest using bell in those pass plays was like running the ball.

    4. i'll say it again. i apologize for putting you in that category. on some other sites and social media its been an argument for years that its been ben's plan to pass that much


    my opinion comes from too many people who think we need to play a certain way in order to win.
    heck, we were 11-0 last year and we heard complaints of why aren't they trying to run the ball more.

    screw that. win any you can on any given game day.

    what quarterback on earth wouldn't want a run game to take the pressure off the passing game.
    some steeler "fans'" on these sites say ben doesn't want one as ludicrous as that sounds
    At this point in his career, he’s subjecting his body to punishment that he doesn’t need. And he’s doing it for one reason .. another chance at a ring.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  3. #243
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I don't care who he throws to as long as they ain't dropping it like last season. Clearly Najee got hands

    I just want to ease Bens load by relying on him less overall. Ben being top 5 in passing does not do that, we need to run more and effectively.
    This.

    Ben's INT rate is relatively high compared to other HoF QBs.

    Making him throw a lot in important games isn't a great gamble.

    Unfortunately, the turnovers have all come very early in important games lately.

    Here's hoping that he plays well if we make it to the playoffs this year.

  4. #244
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This.

    Ben's INT rate is relatively high compared to other HoF QBs.

    .
    compared to who?

    montana and S young are right behind him.

    peyton is way behind him on the list

  5. #245
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    compared to who?

    montana and S young are right behind him.

    peyton is way behind him on the list
    I guess I was thinking about modern era guys we've compared him to in the past.

    Player Reg Season INT% Post INT%
    Ben 2.6 3.8
    Brady 2.0 2.2
    Manning 2.7 2.4
    Brees 2.3 2.1
    Favre 3.3 3.8
    Warner 3.1 3.8
    E. Manning 3.0 2.3

    I think that's the guys who are (or will certainly be) in the HoF that played meaningful snaps in the last 20 years.

    I included Eli here even though I don't think he should be in the Hall. But with 2 rings, he's probably good for a yellow jacket.

    Other guys that will be eligible, but I don't think should get in: Vick, Romo, Palmer, Luck, Rivers, anyone else???

    So of the more modern guys, him and the Mannings are similar in the regular season. And he's significantly worse in the playoffs than everyone but Favre (who everyone thinks is his best comp as a "riverboat gambler") and Warner (which was surprising to me).

    I think Ben is probably the best QB we've ever had. But Bad Ben shows up fairly frequently...especially in the playoffs against good teams. His difference between regular season and playoffs looks to be by far the worst here.

    He's kind of the anti-Eli who was generally not that good, but had two great playoff runs.

  6. #246
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I guess I was thinking about modern era guys we've compared him to in the past.

    Player Reg Season INT% Post INT%
    Ben 2.6 3.8
    Brady 2.0 2.2
    Manning 2.7 2.4
    Brees 2.3 2.1
    Favre 3.3 3.8
    Warner 3.1 3.8
    E. Manning 3.0 2.3

    I think that's the guys who are (or will certainly be) in the HoF that played meaningful snaps in the last 20 years.

    I included Eli here even though I don't think he should be in the Hall. But with 2 rings, he's probably good for a yellow jacket.

    Other guys that will be eligible, but I don't think should get in: Vick, Romo, Palmer, Luck, Rivers, anyone else???

    So of the more modern guys, him and the Mannings are similar in the regular season. And he's significantly worse in the playoffs than everyone but Favre (who everyone thinks is his best comp as a "riverboat gambler") and Warner (which was surprising to me).

    I think Ben is probably the best QB we've ever had. But Bad Ben shows up fairly frequently...especially in the playoffs against good teams. His difference between regular season and playoffs looks to be by far the worst here.

    He's kind of the anti-Eli who was generally not that good, but had two great playoff runs.
    shows up frequently maybe. but i also consider what he's been given to work with.

    look at the arsenal manning had at his disposal. irsay referred to him wanting "star wars" numbers when dissing him comparing him to luck.

    this Fo likes to build this team through defense. i'm sure you saw the figures i've posted in the latest drafts.
    the SB years were similiar with the 09 team eating up (i believe) 70% of the salary cap. that showed in the OL we put together...it almost lost us the title. that's why i call for balance through out the team

    he did have a period when bell and AB were here that could come close to those teams peyton had but the defense
    had gone to crap like we saw in the playoff game vs. the browns.
    bortles and Jax muster up a whole 10 points at home vs. JAx, following week come to Pittsburgh and put up 40

    we build the defense up and have the 3rd ranked defense in the league and baker, in his first playoff game on the road, with no head coach and they dictate whatever they wanted to do

  7. #247
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Peyton’s first and last year were awful when it comes to INT’s.

    That last SB run his stats were pitiful.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #248
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Peyton’s first and last year were awful when it comes to INT’s.

    That last SB run his stats were pitiful.
    I think Ben will be better than Manning in his last year. At least if he stays healthy.

  9. #249
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think Ben will be better than Manning in his last year. At least if he stays healthy.
    Agree. Manning had nearly zero NFL arm strength in his final season. It was horrific to watch at times. I don't see that from Roethlisberger but one never knows when or if it will suddenly give out.

  10. #250
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Canada speaks:

    Steelers offensive coordinator Matt Canada said he anticipates "growing pains" with the team's new offensive linemen.


    The Steelers have had a complete turnover of their offensive line since the end of last season. They released David DeCastro, Ramon Foster and Maurkice Pouncey retired, Marcus Gilbert was traded, and Alejandro Villanueva became a Raven after Pittsburgh didn't re-sign him. The team will head into the 2021 season with a far younger, more inexperienced offensive line tasked to protect 39-year-old Ben Roethlisberger and open running lanes for rookie RB Najee Harris. “There will be some growing pains as we all know,” said Canada, entering his first year as OC. With Roethlisberger under constant duress, the Steelers were forced into a quick-pass offense through much of the 2020 season. The statuesque Roethlisberger -- whose throwing arm reportedly feels better than it did at any point in 2020 -- will need solid protection if he's going to deliver longer passes to Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and the rest of the team's pass catchers.

    SOURCE: The Athletic
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •