Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada's Offense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Offense was practicing a ton of two TE formation with motion before the snap. Factoring in the drafting of PF, and our new commitment to run the ball, you gotta feel like we are definitely going to use a lot more of two TE formations.
    but but but we should have drafted an OL earlier instead of PF...

it's a good thing you know more than Kevin Colbert
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Offense was practicing a ton of two TE formation with motion before the snap. Factoring in the drafting of PF, and our new commitment to run the ball, you gotta feel like we are definitely going to use a lot more of two TE formations. DJ is going to be set at the “Y” position but I’m wondering who is the starter at the “ X”? Juju is lobbying to be out there but I can’t see them moving CC from there because he’s such a mismatch.

Not to say we’ll never go 3 wide but it doesn’t appear we will be nearly going 3 wide as much as we used to.
    I hope we don't do too much 2 TE.

Our WRs are too good 3 deep. Claypool will take a seat in this formation, and I think he's our best bet for explosive plays so I'd prefer he gets lots of snaps.

Hopefully that keeps the thread alive if teams want to crowd the box against us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

Our WRs are too good 3 deep. Claypool will take a seat in this formation, and I think he's our best bet for explosive plays so I'd prefer he gets lots of snaps.

Hopefully that keeps the thread alive if teams want to crowd the box against us.
    You really think CC takes a seat? Juju on the outside is not particularly that effective. He's effective out of the slot. CC on the outside can't be jammed at the line and is a physical mismatch for any second cornerback in the league.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

it's a good wrinkle to have and will give other teams something to think about especially since Ebron and Freiermuth are good receivers also.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

You really think CC takes a seat? Juju on the outside is not particularly that effective. He's effective out of the slot. CC on the outside can't be jammed at the line and is a physical mismatch for any second cornerback in the league.
    Yes.

I think that CC is the 3rd best WR even though I think he's the most explosive player.

I think we'd use 2TEs in situations where we probably want the guy who gets the most separation (DJ) and the guy who's the most reliable receiver (JJSS).

I think 11 is going to be our best personnel grouping in general.

There will be a place for 2TEs, but I hope we don't overuse it because it sits one of the WRs down (I think CC). And I think all 3 of the WRs are likely "better" than both TEs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    2020 record: 12-4

https://www.nfl.com/news/quarterback...ek-carr-premat
    I'm confused by some of these national writers. are their memories really that bad?

we had a RB here a few years ago where most people and analysts said we ran the wheels off him.

how does that happen if the QB is reluctant to run the ball and only focus on his passing?

maybe now that they have a better talent at the position they will utilize the running game more. that actually sounds like a good plan.
    if successful, maybe the FO gets crazzzzzy and tries to address the offense with high picks for 2 years in a Row.
    that would be Mind boggling. LOLOLOL

do these writers think if we
    showcased the likes of james connor, J smaules, benny snell footbal. we would have taken the league by storm and challenged that 70's miami team for undefeated season/s?

Legend

User Info Menu

i don't see CC coming off the field in those formation. haven't keyed in on him but with his size,
    i'm assuming he's a much better blocker then DJ

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes.

I think that CC is the 3rd best WR even though I think he's the most explosive player.

I think we'd use 2TEs in situations where we probably want the guy who gets the most separation (DJ) and the guy who's the most reliable receiver (JJSS).

I think 11 is going to be our best personnel grouping in general.

There will be a place for 2TEs, but I hope we don't overuse it because it sits one of the WRs down (I think CC). And I think all 3 of the WRs are likely "better" than both TEs.
    With the commitment to run the ball and the need to not expose Ben as much, I could see us using the two TE formation more than anyone thinks. But I see the point your trying to make. Especially since we’re paying Juju 8 mil this year.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

With the commitment to run the ball and the need to not expose Ben as much, I could see us using the two TE formation more than anyone thinks. But I see the point your trying to make. Especially since we’re paying Juju 8 mil this year.
    I'd rather have Juju OR Claypool blocking than Ebron.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I'm confused by some of these national writers. are their memories really that bad?

we had a RB here a few years ago where most people and analysts said we ran the wheels off him.

how does that happen if the QB is reluctant to run the ball and only focus on his passing?
    Bell had only one season with over 300 rush attempts, 329 in 2017 to lead the league.

During that season we were 20th in rushing and 3rd in passing as a team.

Bell ran a ton individually. But as a team we ran less that most teams. Our offense was DEFINITELY pass centric.

They say we "run the wheels" of Bell not because WE ran alot. Fact is ONLY Bell did most all the running when we did run. At to that his 85 catches and we definitely ran the wheels off...but not just "running".
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-18-2021 at 10:08 PM.