Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Skip Bayless thinks Ben can play for three more years if he rededicated himself

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    same as your Bull$hit excuses when there is a question about a coaching decision.
    you're so predictable.

whenever you lose an argument you start resorting to childish insults.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point Ben is season to season. He could be game to game if his game drops of more.

Ben might play better this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    At this point Ben is season to season. He could be game to game if his game drops of more.

Ben might play better this season.
    he may very well play better.

Ben will now be another year removed from elbow surgery.

and hopefully Canada won't ask Ben to throw as many times as Fichtner did.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

??

i keep seeing this and wonder if people remember what occurred.

connor was step for step with him going after the bad snap.

if they both go for the ball, they likely might cancel each other out.

who do you want jumping on that ball a near 40 yr old QB or a mid 20s 6'2 230LB running back?
    here's what we know:

Ben didn't try for it and the Browns recovered the ball.

maybe if Ben had you know actually tried the Steelers would have recovered the ball and not given the Browns the momentum on our opening drive.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    he may very well play better.

Ben will now be another year removed from elbow surgery.

and hopefully Canada won't ask Ben to throw as many times as Fichtner did.
    It's not impossible.

But my bet is that the 39 year old pro athlete that looked bad in the second half of the season where he was 38 gets worse and not better.

I would think that if getting further away from the surgery was important here, we would have seen an improvement throughout last season instead of the wheels falling off.

Hope that you're right and I'm wrong on this one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Where do people get the idea that Ben doesn't workout? Who believes that bulls***. 18 years in the NFL and you don't workout, come on. Ben had elbow surgery and messed up his arm for the first time in his life. He needed to get adjusted and then when he did he was throwing to guys he never played with or played with them as backups. Ben is an extraordinary athlete. He was recruited by Duke in basketball. He was an all state SS in baseball. He shoots par on a US Open course. People he is not immobile. Give him a chance. Bayless is right, if he works hard he will be excellent but he will never weigh less than 245 lbs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Where do people get the idea that Ben doesn't workout? Who believes that bulls***. 18 years in the NFL and you don't workout, come on. Ben had elbow surgery and messed up his arm for the first time in his life. He needed to get adjusted and then when he did he was throwing to guys he never played with or played with them as backups. Ben is an extraordinary athlete. He was recruited by Duke in basketball. He was an all state SS in baseball. He shoots par on a US Open course. People he is not immobile. Give him a chance. Bayless is right, if he works hard he will be excellent but he will never weigh less than 245 lbs.
    I agree that anyone who doesn't think Ben works out is being silly.

But I think to be very successful at ~ 40, you probably need to have a Gary Roberts like commitment to being in the best shape possible.

That's never been the reputation that Ben has...rightly or wrongly.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-18-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you're so predictable.

whenever you lose an argument you start resorting to childish insults.
    childish insults? where?

i answered the same way you and others defend tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    you're talking about a city that was so harsh on a QB that started and won 4 SBs not wanting to come back to the place he played in for 20 + years because he thought they wouldn't treat him well

Rookie

User Info Menu

same as your Bull$hit excuses when there is a question about a coaching decision.
    which coaching decisions?
    Last edited by Blitzburgh; 04-18-2021 at 11:13 PM.