View Poll Results: Who will the Steelers select in Round 1?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Travis Etienne RB Clemson

4 15.38%
  • Najee Harris RB Alabama

10 38.46%
  • Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma

2 7.69%
  • Samuel Cosmi OT Texas

0 0%
  • Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma St

4 15.38%
  • Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan

2 7.69%
  • Pat Freiermuth TE Penn St

0 0%
  • Zaven Collins ILB Tulsa

1 3.85%
  • Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech

2 7.69%
  • Asante Samuel Jr CB Fla St

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who will the Steelers select in Round 1?

Legend

User Info Menu

Poll: Who will the Steelers select in Round 1?

Who will the Steelers select in Round 1?

this poll only allowed a maximum of 10 choices, otherwise I would have listed more. I did my best to only list players I thought had a reasonable chance of being available at #24.

please pick one and let's see if we can guess who we will actually select in the draft.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 04-16-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I picked Harris.

I don't really want a RB, but it sounds like he's a very good player at a position of need. There was a mandate from the boss to get better running. And KC and MT were both at the pro day.

I think he's the pick if he's there.

Legend

User Info Menu

2021 NFL Draft visit tracker shows who Steelers might take with 24th overall pick

by Tommy Jagg

Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert have clearly had their eyes on a few prospects this year. Here’s who the Steelers could likely take first in the NFL Draft.

Through reports, live Pro Day practices, and social media snapshots, we were able to find out which schools Pittsburgh’s brass visited with this often and which players received virtual visits. While having either a Pro Day visit or a virtual visit is enough to put a player on the Steelers radar early in the draft, a combination of the two shows that the team has a special level of interest. Here are the players that Tomlin and Colbert met with at their Pro Days as well as the players who received virtual visits from the Steelers this offseason:

Based on #Steelers Pro Days with Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert as well as virtual visits, here’s my stab at Pittsburgh’s most likely first-round candidates in the #NFLDraft:

Who is most likely to be Steelers selection at pick 24?

Based on the information gathered, it pains me to say that a pair of running backs appear to be the most likely selections Pittsburgh could make with the 24th overall pick this year. Both Najee Harris and Travis Etienne met with the Steelers at their respective Pro Days and received virtual visits with the team.

While both are widely regarded as the top-two running backs in the 2021 draft class, there is a belief that the Steelers could favor Harris over Etienne due to his size (6’1 3/8”, 232 pounds) and ability to operate as a receiver and pass protector.

In addition, Florida State cornerback, Asante Samuel Jr. meets all of the criteria to be a first-round pick by the Steelers at the end of the month, as he received a similar amount of attention from the team this offseason. Samuel is undersized, but he’s a smooth mover with the grittiness and family bloodlines Pittsburgh desires (his father was a former first-team All-Pro cornerback who played for the Patriots and Eagles).

Likewise, Ohio State linebacker Baron Browning, Alabama center Landon Dickerson, and Penn State tight end Pat Freiermuth are three other players that check all of the boxes; however, there are draft analysts who think that taking one of these three with the 24th pick would be a reach.

This isn’t a foolproof model to use when it comes to the Steelers in the NFL Draft, but it gives us a terrific idea of where their interests lie. What we have come to know is that Pittsburgh really does need to either meet with a player virtually or at their Pro Day to be a possible first-round selection, and I’d be shocked if they went with someone outside of this list.

https://stillcurtain.com/2021/04/16/...cker-steelers/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Chose Harris.

Wanted to resign Conner and then draft a LT like Jenkins or maybe Darrisaw, but have to get a RB now imo. Last RB named Harris turned out alright, so maybe we could try that again.
    Believe In Now

Legend

User Info Menu

Tough call on this. I think that the team is happy and comfortable to take one of the two runners. The question is who do they like in that next tier? This might be the key. If they also have their eyes on a few of the third/fourth round RBs then they may not feel as pressed to go RB in the first and can decide. If they love the first round options that much better then they might wait to address the other positions. I think the poll in the other thread really points out the question. What would improve the team the most?

Harris, Williams or Ettienne/Radunz or Eichenberg/Hill or Morrissey

or

Jenkins/ Meinerz/ Gainwell, Sermon, Jefferson (or whoever your favorite third round or beyond back is)

or

Humphrey or Dickerson/Carter or another back/Brown, Forsyhte, or Hudson

I think the answer to the team will be based mostly on the RB. Which RB they feel comfortable with will determine how anxious they are to take one early.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Tough call on this. I think that the team is happy and comfortable to take one of the two runners. The question is who do they like in that next tier? This might be the key. If they also have their eyes on a few of the third/fourth round RBs then they may not feel as pressed to go RB in the first and can decide. If they love the first round options that much better then they might wait to address the other positions. I think the poll in the other thread really points out the question. What would improve the team the most?

Harris, Williams or Ettienne/Radunz or Eichenberg/Hill or Morrissey

or

Jenkins/ Meinerz/ Gainwell, Sermon, Jefferson (or whoever your favorite third round or beyond back is)

or

Humphrey or Dickerson/Carter or another back/Brown, Forsyhte, or Hudson

I think the answer to the team will be based mostly on the RB. Which RB they feel comfortable with will determine how anxious they are to take one early.
    The thing I find difficult about this is that it seems much easier to point out the top 2 or 3 backs. Our at least to get a sense of it after reading a bit about them.

I find it much more difficult to sort through the tackles to see which one I think is better, or if a center might be better than a tackle.

RBs are easy easier to understand. And they get way more hype.

Legend

User Info Menu

looks like Najee Jerome Harris is the clear runaway winner as the Pittsburgh Steelers #1 draft selection.

Round 2 will be up soon.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Jenkins...at a sprint to the podium.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    The thing I find difficult about this is that it seems much easier to point out the top 2 or 3 backs. Our at least to get a sense of it after reading a bit about them.

I find it much more difficult to sort through the tackles to see which one I think is better, or if a center might be better than a tackle.

RBs are easy easier to understand. And they get way more hype.
    It's a very interesting view between the three positions. Assuming no movement of draft picks:

RB - Three backs that would probably have to be picked in the first if you want to secure one because there is a good chance that none will still be there at #55. After those three, a large group of backs who would probably be around in the third. Large gap between the top three and the next group.

OT - Steady supply of OT anywhere from well before 24 through round 4 supplementary. It seems that one of the factors with many of the later OT picks is a missed 2020 season rather than questionable ability. The question for the team is how big a difference is there between say Jenkins (rd.1) Cosmi, Mayfield, Eichenberg, Radunz, Leatherwood (most will be gone but one or more of these guys should fall to #55), or guys like Forsythe, Little, Hudson, Brown (guys who should be available in the third or later).

C - Looks like one center who could be a realistic #24. After that you have one stud with injury concerns, one small school great story out of nowhere, and then a mixed bag similar to the RB class. Do you trust picking Meinerz or Dickerson? Is Myers next guy up in the second or third? Center is the position of the three with the least amount of depth. If the Steelers don't go C in the first it might be a position they target on a trade up in the second or third if a couple of guys get snapped up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Who will the Steelers select in Round 1?

this poll only allowed a maximum of 10 choices, otherwise I would have listed more. I did my best to only list players I thought had a reasonable chance of being available at #24.

please pick one and let's see if we can guess who we will actually select in the draft.
    You should also post a shadow draft with the question "Who would you select?"