Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Dobbs signs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    here ya go buddy, a thread where a few allude to it

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/46767-Dobbs-is-starting-vs-Giants?highlight=start+Josh+Dobbs
    you mean the one quote where someone said that "Zack Mettenberger would probably give us a better chance to win this game"?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you mean the one quote where someone said that "Zack Mettenberger would probably give us a better chance to win this game"?

there's a few good ones in there that you can interpret to what they are getting at.
    some of the usual suspects posting it as well.

i guess you were wrong (again)

Legend

User Info Menu

eh, juju spells like that on twitter, no?

its actually a take on the pittsburgh / yinzer accent

aren't you from pittsburgh? you don't recognize it?
    what does JuJu have to do with you intentionally misspelling players and coaches you don’t like?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

there's a few good ones in there that you can interpret to what they are getting at.

"start jowsh dawwbs, yinz will see he's better then Ben'
    this is what you said.

show me one post in that thread where someone said that.

you can't, because there are none

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

this is what you said.

show me one post in that thread where someone said that.

you can't, because there are none

post #9.

look up the word - interpret-before you do that. thx

pretty funny though how its another thread in the bash the franchise QB of the team and you say nothing.

bash anyone involved with the pittsburgh steelers, not a word from you
    bash tomlin and here come the TBW crew

Legend

User Info Menu

post #9.

look up the word - interpret-before you do that. thx
    nowhere does feltdizz say Dobbs is better than Ben.

in fact, he said these things about Dobbs:

"However, he is prone to make bad decisions when pressed in the pocket or in close games. One flaw is his accuracy over the middle with deeper throws. The ball can get away from him at times."

this has nothing to do with interpretation, you just make stuff up.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

lol.. no.

No one in that thread alluded to anything besides being excited to see what Dobbs could do in his first start.

You made that up

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

nowhere does feltdizz say Dobbs is better than Ben.

in fact, he said these things about Dobbs:

"However, he is prone to make bad decisions when pressed in the pocket or in close games. One flaw is his accuracy over the middle with deeper throws. The ball can get away from him at times."

this has nothing to do with interpretation, you just make stuff up.
    exactly..

the only thing I said is it will be nice to see a QB extend plays with his legs.

if calling out Ben for not running QB sneaks is bashing him well them damn near every Steeler fan has bashed Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can you specifically point to one that you think says he's better than Ben?

I see one that says that he could be better than K Stewart, but that he struggles with accuracy. Or that he could be Dak if everything breaks right for him (spoiler: it didn't).

I don't see any that talk about wanting him to play over Ben.

Also, you did notice that this was about Dobbs starting the final preseason game of the year right? In the year he was drafted. Some people seem excited to see if he can play. But I don't see any posts there that don't temper the enthusiasm and most seem to expect that the result won't be him being a starter

There's some hyperbole by Felt saying he could be Dak if everything went perfect for him. But his first post aside from the OP with the link that he's starting that says "yeah, I expect a few bad decisions but I want to see if he can make a few splash plays. He was an exciting player to watch in college". To me that kind of sums up Dobbs. He'll probably picks. But maybe he'll make an exciting play or two. The accuracy problems Felt also talks about are kind of Dobbs' defining feature in the NFL IMO.

Edited to add: You said post 9 later in the thread and I missed it.

I am super-siked on that assessment alone. I can't remember the last time Ben or Landry even tried to make a play with their legs. Do you know how many first downs and goal line scores we could have had if only he had jumped his big ass over the pile????
    This looks like a combination of lamenting that Ben doesn't run the sneak (which is true) and an early observation that Ben's elite talent (extending the play with his legs) was beginning to falter.

To me this maybe sounds like "maybe we should put Dobbs in on short yardage plays so he can run a sneak". And nothing like "I wish Dobbs was our starter and not Ben". Especially since most of us hadn't seen Dobbs play many snaps because this was his first pre-season.

You're really reaching on this one.

If you want a thread calling for Ben to be replaced, you should look at this year. I know I was hoping they'd sit Ben in the 2nd Cincy game...and posted it several times. Because he was horrible in that game, especially the 1st half.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-16-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    exactly..

the only thing I said is it will be nice to see a QB extend plays with his legs.

if calling out Ben for not running QB sneaks is bashing him well them damn near every Steeler fan has bashed Ben.
    Unfortunately for Dobbs, your assessment was too optimistic because his accuracy was kind of bad most of the time...not just on deep throws over the middle.

But it makes sense to be optimistic about a guy you haven't seen play in the NFL who had success in college.