Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if I told you.....RB edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What if I told you.....RB edition

That all of the BIG 3 RB's would be available at 1/24. Would you draft 1? Or take your chances in round 2? I think all 3 will be available. The funny thing is the RB getting the least connection to the Steelers (J. Williams) is the only one I'd consider. He has the most upside and highest ceiling of the 3. Did you know Rhamondre Stevenson was a higher graded back than both Harris and Ettienne by PFF? And while I certainly don't subscribe to PFF being the final word. I would much rather take a Stevenson in the 3rd or 4th than a Harrris or Ettienne in the 1st

Banned

User Info Menu

I too am in the J. Williams camp. He checks all the boxes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I too am in the J. Williams camp. He checks all the boxes.
    actually, he doesn't.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/04/st...nning-backs-3/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    While I agree with the conclusion, I don't the methodology. Backs picked in later rounds are compromises to your ideal.

If you look at ONLY premium picks through team history, we pretty much go for the same dude every time we draft high.

We are looking for the next Harris (Franco that is).

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    That all of the BIG 3 RB's would be available at 1/24. Would you draft 1? Or take your chances in round 2? I think all 3 will be available. The funny thing is the RB getting the least connection to the Steelers (J. Williams) is the only one I'd consider. He has the most upside and highest ceiling of the 3. Did you know Rhamondre Stevenson was a higher graded back than both Harris and Ettienne by PFF? And while I certainly don't subscribe to PFF being the final word. I would much rather take a Stevenson in the 3rd or 4th than a Harrris or Ettienne in the 1st
    Not a fan of drafting a RB in round 1. But I’d be ok with Harris because I think he’s the one that sends a signal and creates a whole new identity for the O. No more finesse bs. We’re going to run down hill and smash you in the mouth.

The other top options seem like more finesse picks to me. I even like Williams but not in the 1st. Maybe if he’s still there in the 2nd or we trade down.

Ive looked at Stevenson and like him as a later pick abs think he looks like a guy the Steelers would like. But I see him realistically as another Benny Snell. I can see why some would love him if we pick him and he could pan out. But he’s more of the same imho. I definitely don’t even see him being better than a healthy JC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ive looked at Stevenson and like him as a later pick abs think he looks like a guy the Steelers would like. But I see him realistically as another Benny Snell. I can see why some would love him if we pick him and he could pan out. But he’s more of the same imho. I definitely don’t even see him being better than a healthy JC.
    Finally scouted Stevenson - if this kid was 0.1 faster in the 40, he'd be considered a borderline first round talent. Of course, i'm sure his weed bust doesn't help his cause and is a ding on "character"

As an offensive weapon, he's pretty versatile, has good hands, can split out, has excellent vision and patience to set up his blocks. Knows when to juke, jump cut or use power.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Finally scouted Stevenson - if this kid was 0.1 faster in the 40, he'd be considered a borderline first round talent. Of course, i'm sure his weed bust doesn't help his cause and is a ding on "character"

As an offensive weapon, he's pretty versatile, has good hands, can split out, has excellent vision and patience to set up his blocks. Knows when to juke, jump cut or use power.
    Is this dude a Lev clone or what?

Smokes weed PLUS:

"He has a particular set of skills....skills just like Bell's, aquired over a long college career.

Skills that make him a nightmare for defenders like you."

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-24-2021 at 10:27 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

With Benny Snell or projected start at RB, and deep Tackle class, I'd go RB in round one as long Harris or Etienne are on the board. We pick too late in round two for a realistic chance for either falling to us.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Harris represents what the Rooney's think the Steelers running game should be. I think the Steelers are going all in to win in 2021. This could be Ben's last year and after that, history says , wandering in the wilderness for some time. I think the Steelers go for Harris. I also like Ettiene but the Rooney's like Harris. Grind it out , eat up the clock, beat your opponent into submission. This move would also represent a philosophy to follow post Ben. If you can pound the ball you can stay in a lot of games with avg. QB play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    I think Harris represents what the Rooney's think the Steelers running game should be. I think the Steelers are going all in to win in 2021. This could be Ben's last year and after that, history says , wandering in the wilderness for some time. I think the Steelers go for Harris. I also like Ettiene but the Rooney's like Harris. Grind it out , eat up the clock, beat your opponent into submission. This move would also represent a philosophy to follow post Ben. If you can pound the ball you can stay in a lot of games with avg. QB play.
    Exactly my thinking as well. Sometimes you can read thru the tea leaves as to what they are doing. With Rooney officially speaking out like he did, the rest of the front office will tow the line. A bigger more physical back is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Watching highlights of Williams from NC.... hmm, hmm, hmm... He's got some explosiveness.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 04-14-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion