Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flippy Mock 2.0 - Full 7 Rounds

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy Mock 2.0 - Full 7 Rounds

I’ve looked at a lot more prospects and put together a full mock.

1. Caleb Farley - CB - Virginia Tech

It’s been a while since he’s played and it’s a risky pick, but I can see this kid being the top CB in the draft long term and you just can’t overlook the value of getting a guy like this for the long term for this team.

2. Jabril Cox - LB - LSU

This kid is a tremendous athlete and I think he is a good fit in helping us improve our coverage for the foreseeable future. LBs and Ss who can cover along with lockdown CBs make your D in the modern NFL. We have a big hole to fill imho with the loss of Hilton. I also think Jabril might be able to play on the outside too.

3. Quinn Meinerez - C - Wisconsin-Whitewater

Same as my original mock.

4. Trey Sermon - RB - OSU

Same as my original.

4. Tommy Tremble - TE - ND

I have a feeling we’re drafting a ND player and I love me an HBack and I think Tremble can be a versatile TE that can be used to support the running game and is athletic enough to become a receiver. He’s a work in progress, but I think he could be the sleeper TE in this draft.

6. Amari Rodgers - WR - Clemson

He looks like a Steelers WR to me. He’s built like and runs in the open field like a RB. I think he could be used as a RB in Canada’s Offense. He’s also the son of Tee Martin so he’s got NFL bloodlines and his dad is a coach for the Ravens so we got that too. Something about him just looks like a WR the Steelers like to pick.

7. Davis Mills - Stanford - QB

He’s got the prototypical size, arm, pedigree. Just hasn’t played that much in college and needs to develop. In time he could end up better than some of the top QBs in the class. Or not. I prefer we swing for the fences by the end of the draft.

7. Chris Garrett - OLB - Concordia

A division 2 kid but he looks the part to me. He set the NCAA record for FFs. Looks like an NFL body but played against lesser competition. No idea if this kid makes it or not, but seems like a worthwhile risk by round 7.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I’ve looked at a lot more prospects and put together a full mock.

1. Caleb Farley - CB - Virginia Tech

It’s been a while since he’s played and it’s a risky pick, but I can see this kid being the top CB in the draft long term and you just can’t overlook the value of getting a guy like this for the long term for this team.
    great job as always flippy!

as for your #1 pick, it is hard to say whether the Steelers will still have Farley on their board given his injury history and the recent news that he would need a second back procedure despite not playing in the 2020 college season.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Flippy,
    I like your latest mock better than I like mine, but it's hard for me to see us going D with our first 2 picks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    great job as always flippy!

as for your #1 pick, it is hard to say whether the Steelers will still have Farley on their board given his injury history and the recent news that he would need a second back procedure despite not playing in the 2020 college season.
    I was thinking about that as well so this is still a work in progress. I feel like someone too good to pass up is going to drop to us in every round.

I was thinking about Walker Little in this spot too which might be another monster steal.

I really like Micah Parsons, but I’ve been reading he could be the first D player off the board so I’m pretty positive he’s not going to make it to us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Flippy,
    I like your latest mock better than I like mine, but it's hard for me to see us going D with our first 2 picks
    I have no idea who we’ll pick, but I think this idea is out there that we’re going OL and RB early so I’m trying to put together a mock that is a little different but still has players I really like.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

love Trey Sermon...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    love Trey Sermon...
    you should put him in your mock instead of Alim McNeill, we're not going to draft a NT in the 3rd round now that Alualu is back.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I watched Mills pro day twice and that dude hit it out of the park on a rain soaked day. I've said this on the board a bunch of times for me qb is the hardest to evaluate. With qb you just never know for sure. That said you all know I really like Jones. He wont make it to 24. This Mills guy was kind of a sleeper but not any longer. I'm thinking he is gone day 2 now. Someone who misses out on the hot 5 qb's will take a shot early. Pats, Bears, WFT, New O or even us may look at Mills earlier than previously thought. Ben has a year to go, MR is still not a sure future starter and Haskins is an unknown. If we drafted Mills I'm good with that considering all his upside.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not bad at all
    2021 Steelers draft class
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Najee Harris, RB; Alabama
    2. Pat Freirmuth, TE; Penn State
    3. Kendrick Green, C; Illinois
    4a. Dan Moore Jr, OT; Texas A&M
    4b. Buddy Johnson, ILB; Texas A&M
    5. Isaiahh Loudermilk, DE; Wisconsin
    6. Quincy Roche, OLB; Miami