Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flippy Mock 1.0 - 4 Rounds - 2021 Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy Mock 1.0 - 4 Rounds - 2021 Edition

1. Micah Parsons - LB - PSU

Not sure he’s gonna drop this far, but If he does, I think he can help us the most. Can we get an assist from Covid and players opting out last year? I think there’s 2 guys that could fall to us that could be the best at their respective positions with the assist from Covid. Micah is 1 and Caleb Farley is the other. I would take either if they were there.

2. Eric Stokes - CB - Georgia

With his height/speed, I have no idea how he isn’t a 1st rounder. Maybe cause he’s not physical enough and a strong enough tackler? I see most having him in the 2nd and I’d be all for him at that point. If we got Caleb in the 1st, I’d probably lean toward Jabril Cox in the 2nd who I also really like. Now that I think about this, I probably should have went with Caleb and Jabril as my picks. Either combo could be a path to a #1 D for years to come.

3. Quinn Meinerz - C - Wisconsin-Whitewater

Another guy who didn’t play last year. Comes from DIII. But he’s gotta be the guy everyone is rooting for after reports of his showing at the Senior Bowl. Might take some time to adjust to NFL competition, but by all accounts, he’s physical and nasty. This guy epitomizes the identity Id like to see us take in the trenches.

4a. Trey Sermon - RB - OSU

I think there’s something special about this kid. I’d consider him in the 2nd round, but I’ve seen people drop him way lower. No idea where he’ll go, but I know he believes he’ll be the best back in this class and will work to prove it.

4b. Quincy Roche - OLB - Miami

I think he’s worth a chance, but I could see him be a complete hit or miss. Kid looks quick off the snap, but he’s built with long legs and TRex arms which could pose some challenges at the next level. But I think he’s been productive and he’s just going to have to figure out ways to win matchups differently at the next level. But he does have this initial quickness that is something you can’t really teach and I’m intrigued.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’ll try to complete rounds 6 and 7a and 7b later when I have a little more time to research who could be available at that point.

Or I can let one of you complete the final 3 picks for me.

Id probably look for a TE, OT, and the best long shot player at any position I can find likely to be around.

I’ll also probably look at high priority UDFAs as well because I think those guys are going to have a big chance this year with all our needs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That would be a good 4 round haul.

I think odds are we'll draft an OT somewhere in rounds 1-4
    2021 Mock Draft #2:
    1) Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    2) Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    3) Quinn Meinerz, C, University Wisconsin Whitewater
    4a) Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
    4b) Tariq Thompson, S, San Diego State
    6) Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida
    7a) Kylen Granson, TE, SMU
    7b) Patrick Johnson, OLB, Tulane

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Not sure he’s gonna drop this far, but If he does, I think he can help us the most. Can we get an assist from Covid and players opting out last year? I think there’s 2 guys that could fall to us that could be the best at their respective positions with the assist from Covid. Micah is 1 and Caleb Farley is the other. I would take either if they were there.

With his height/speed, I have no idea how he isn’t a 1st rounder. Maybe cause he’s not physical enough and a strong enough tackler? I see most having him in the 2nd and I’d be all for him at that point. If we got Caleb in the 1st, I’d probably lean toward Jabril Cox in the 2nd who I also really like. Now that I think about this, I probably should have went with Caleb and Jabril as my picks. Either combo could be a path to a #1 D for years to come.

Another guy who didn’t play last year. Comes from DIII. But he’s gotta be the guy everyone is rooting for after reports of his showing at the Senior Bowl. Might take some time to adjust to NFL competition, but by all accounts, he’s physical and nasty. This guy epitomizes the identity Id like to see us take in the trenches.

I think there’s something special about this kid. I’d consider him in the 2nd round, but I’ve seen people drop him way lower. No idea where he’ll go, but I know he believes he’ll be the best back in this class and will work to prove it.

I think he’s worth a chance, but I could see him be a complete hit or miss. Kid looks quick off the snap, but he’s built with long legs and TRex arms which could pose some challenges at the next level. But I think he’s been productive and he’s just going to have to figure out ways to win matchups differently at the next level. But he does have this initial quickness that is something you can’t really teach and I’m intrigued.
    Nice haul;
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Starter

User Info Menu

Spring is in the air—it’s getting warmer, the flowers are blooming, birds are singing and Flippy does his mock!

Nice Flippy; always worth the wait!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My response in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Not sure he’s gonna drop this far, but If he does, I think he can help us the most. Can we get an assist from Covid and players opting out last year? I think there’s 2 guys that could fall to us that could be the best at their respective positions with the assist from Covid. Micah is 1 and Caleb Farley is the other. I would take either if they were there. I am with you, ILB, I just don't seeing him dropping this far! Who is Micah?

Another guy who didn’t play last year. Comes from DIII. But he’s gotta be the guy everyone is rooting for after reports of his showing at the Senior Bowl. Might take some time to adjust to NFL competition, but by all accounts, he’s physical and nasty. This guy epitomizes the identity Id like to see us take in the trenches. Everyone loves the gut!

I think there’s something special about this kid. I’d consider him in the 2nd round, but I’ve seen people drop him way lower. No idea where he’ll go, but I know he believes he’ll be the best back in this class and will work to prove it. WIth all the good ILB, OT, C, DBs, WR he gets pushed way down the draft boards.

Great job Flippy!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Well done

Prefer Zaven Collins over Parsons but would be happy with either

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mifflin View Post
    Well done

Prefer Zaven Collins over Parsons but would be happy with either
    Theres a lot of ILBs that I like including Collins. I just cant see the Steelers taking him in the 1st.

I like JOK and Cox a lot too.

Its harder to tell where guys will get picked this year than any I can remember. I even thought of doing a draft of all guys who opted out due to COVID.

Im pretty sure Ill throw Walker Little from Stanford in my 2.0 version, but Im not sure where to put him. He hasnt played for 2 years, but hes probably got 1st round talent in normal times. Does he last until the 3rd or 4th this year?

Another guy I really have started liking is Tommy Tremble out of ND. I started watching ND players because I have a feeling we want to add more of them. I think Tremble is the guy that can really help our run game as a complete TE. But I had no idea where to sit him. He looks like he should be a top TE but does he end up a 3rd or 4th rounder.

The more I look at this draft, Im gonna be bummed if we dont end up with 4+ pro bowlers. I think theres gonna be some crazy talent available even late and I hope the Steelers swing for the fence instead of going conservative with later picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    My response in gold.

Great job Flippy!
    The most gratifying part of those picks was when I realized we’d have a Minkah and a Micah or the team and a Quinn and a Quincy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Disappointing. The Steelers biggest needs not addressed till the 3rd round