Thread: 3 weeks out mock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3 weeks out mock

here we go,&nbsp; usually I have 100&nbsp; of these out there by now!&nbsp; <br><br>Not sure why I haven't yet written one yet. Is it because of the surprise turnover, especially on D ( look at it as a&nbsp; good thing, teams were catching on, would of gotten stale),&nbsp; if lack of combine,&nbsp; lack of free agency moves,&nbsp; ( actually they are more than sufficient if you read the&nbsp; tea laves), and cap space!<br><br><br>* Don't be surprised if we don't take a center early,&nbsp; the class is pretty deep, and if we draft one it will be for later part of season or next year, or emergency plan if Finney fails.&nbsp;<br>* Finney was not brought in here to be the back up IOL, he was brought&nbsp; in here to be the starter.&nbsp; The majority of the moves they made were signing veteran OL who can and have experience playing guard.&nbsp;<br>* Postions I want early that I see a need are&nbsp; RB, C, ILB, S/DB, and as always I want a TE.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>* Take note I, Colbert always breaks my heart,&nbsp; he never drafts&nbsp; TE early, he just throws a dart in later picks, trades or signs in FA a bottom out TE who has Boom or Bust written all over them.<br>* Take note II, C is not seen as a&nbsp; need by the Steelers, they are contempt with Finney surrounded by Dotson and Decastro.&nbsp; Just remember 2 years ago we were debating why we kept Feiler over Finney.<br>* Take note III, the team is going full steam in fixing the RB room,&nbsp; the ILB room, and the DB room.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Players I love who I would love taking in 1st 3 rounds:<br> Harris, Etainne,&nbsp; (J Williams is dropping on my board he came in smaller, lighter and slower than expected)&nbsp; <br>Browoning, Collins, Davis ( my low key player who went from 3rd round grade to 1st round) <br>Meinerz, Radunuz, Leichbergh<br> Feiromuth ( spelling)&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>So here we go: With trade back in 2nd<br>1) Davis ILB, <br>Another UK LB in Black and Gold.&nbsp;&nbsp;We break the norm, a 1st round pick Colbert and Tomlin didn't attend pro day, I think they undervalued his draft stock prior his proday.&nbsp; It would of been a&nbsp; RB here, but&nbsp; I don't think Etainne nor Harris will last to us, I have a feeling Arizona, NYJ, and Miami are the teams who might take them.&nbsp;<br>2)&nbsp; Meinerz C, <br>I really was think we should take an DB here or even an OT talent ( a first round talent OT in other years could fall here)&nbsp;<br>3a) Little OT<br>Might even push for LT spot if 2 years of rust off.&nbsp;<br>3b) Sermon RB<br>We met with him various times,&nbsp; best of the&nbsp; remaining RB ( Stevenson?) FiLLS&nbsp; a need. Kills me how I wanted to go RB 1st round&nbsp; and early)<br>4a) Ambry Thomas CB Michigan<br>4b) Hayes OLB ND<br>7)&nbsp; Luke&nbsp; Ferrell TE<br>Micheal Carter S Duke

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

damn it spent an hour doing this!
    Last edited by steeler_george; 04-07-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

here we go, usually I have 100 of these out there by now!
    Not sure why I haven't yet written one yet. Is it because of the surprise turnover, especially on D ( look at it as a good thing, teams were catching on, would of gotten stale), if lack of combine, lack of free agency moves,
    ( actually they are more than sufficient if you read tea laves), and cap space!

* Don't be surprised if we don't take a center and OT early, the class is pretty deep, and if we draft one it will be for later part of season or next year, or emergency plan if Finney, Banner, or Chucks fail, but I did the opposite!

* Finney was not brought in here to be the back up IOL, he was in here to be the starter. The majority of the moves they made were signing veteran OL who can and have experience playing guard.

* Postions I want early that I see a need RB, C, ILB, S/DB, and as always I want a TE.

* Take note I, Colbert always breaks my heart,he never drafts TE early, he just throws a dart in later picks, trades or signs in FA a bottom out TE who has Boom or Bust written all over them.
    * Take note II, C is not seen as need by the Steelers, they are contempt with Finney surrounded by Dotson and Decastro .Just remember 2 years ago we were debating why we kept Feiler over Finney.
    * Take note III, the team is going full steam in fixing the RB room, the ILB room, and the DB room.

Players I love who I would love taking in 1st 3 rounds Harris, Etainne, (J Williams is dropping on my board he came in smaller, lighter and slower than expected), Browoning, Collins, Davis ( my low key player who went from 3rd round grade to 1st round) Meinerz, Radunuz, Leichbergh, Feiromuth ( spelling)

So here we go: With trade back in 2nd
    1) Davis ILB,
    Another UK LB in Black and Gold.We break the norm, a 1st round pick Colbert and Tomlin didn't attend pro day, I think they undervalued his draft stock prior his proday. It would of been RB here, but I don't think Etainne nor Harris will last to us, I have a feeling Arizona, NYJ, and Miami are the teams who might take them.
    2) Meinerz C,
    I really was think we should take an DB here or even an OT talent ( a first round talent OT in other years could fall here)
    3a) Little OT
    Might even push for LT spot if 2 years of rust off.&nbsp
    3b) Sermon RB
    We met with him various times best of the remaining RB ( Stevenson?) FiLLS a need. Kills me how I wanted to go RB 1st round
    4a) Ambry Thomas CB Michigan
    4b) Hayes OLB ND
    6) D. Lenoir CB Oregon
    7) Luke Ferrell TE
    Micheal Carter S Duke
    Last edited by steeler_george; 04-07-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    here we go, usually I have 100 of these out there by now!
    Not sure why I haven't yet written one yet. Is it because of the surprise turnover, especially on D ( look at it as a good thing, teams were catching on, would of gotten stale), if lack of combine, lack of free agency moves,
    ( actually they are more than sufficient if you read tea laves), and cap space!

* Don't be surprised if we don't take a center and OT early, the class is pretty deep, and if we draft one it will be for later part of season or next year, or emergency plan if Finney, Banner, or Chucks fail, but I did the opposite!

* Finney was not brought in here to be the back up IOL, he was in here to be the starter. The majority of the moves they made were signing veteran OL who can and have experience playing guard.

* Postions I want early that I see a need RB, C, ILB, S/DB, and as always I want a TE.

* Take note I, Colbert always breaks my heart,he never drafts TE early, he just throws a dart in later picks, trades or signs in FA a bottom out TE who has Boom or Bust written all over them.
    * Take note II, C is not seen as need by the Steelers, they are contempt with Finney surrounded by Dotson and Decastro .Just remember 2 years ago we were debating why we kept Feiler over Finney.
    * Take note III, the team is going full steam in fixing the RB room, the ILB room, and the DB room.

Players I love who I would love taking in 1st 3 rounds Harris, Etainne, (J Williams is dropping on my board he came in smaller, lighter and slower than expected), Browoning, Collins, Davis ( my low key player who went from 3rd round grade to 1st round) Meinerz, Radunuz, Leichbergh, Feiromuth ( spelling)

So here we go: With trade back in 2nd
    1) Davis ILB,
    Another UK LB in Black and Gold.We break the norm, a 1st round pick Colbert and Tomlin didn't attend pro day, I think they undervalued his draft stock prior his proday. It would of been RB here, but I don't think Etainne nor Harris will last to us, I have a feeling Arizona, NYJ, and Miami are the teams who might take them.
    2) Meinerz C,
    I really was think we should take an DB here or even an OT talent ( a first round talent OT in other years could fall here)
    3a) Little OT
    Might even push for LT spot if 2 years of rust off.
    3b) Sermon RB
    We met with him various times best of the remaining RB ( Stevenson?) FiLLS a need. Kills me how I wanted to go RB 1st round
    4a) Ambry Thomas CB Michigan
    4b) Hayes OLB ND
    6) D. Lenoir CB Oregon
    7) Luke Ferrell TE
    Micheal Carter S Duke
    So I'll start with giving an A for effort on this post.

I like the first 3 picks Davis ,Meinerz,Little and if it went that way with an extra pick in the top 100 that would be a nice start.
    However the math is not there for that trade back in second to get an extra 3rd. We'd have to trade back in the 1st and that could happen. Buffalo , Green Bay type trade back would be required and Davis could still last until late 1.
    Also Finney was cut by the Bengals. The Bengals!!!!!!!! So to say he was brought here to start I'm not sure that's exactly correct. He was brought in because he's better than the Bama kid we have at center. That dude gets manhandled. So it's Finney only until we draft a starter and Finney who has some value can be the vet back up.
    Really would like to see us get another corner with Nelson now gone. Good to c u mock Thomas at 4a. Nothing against the OSU back but if Wilson of Florida was still around at the end of the 3rd I would take him over the back. Just under 6ft and 4.37 he has real good ball skills. Perhaps the OSU back lasts to round 4.

So good work Steeler George. Since we all change our opinions some as the draft draws closer perhaps you can give us a updated mock prior to draft day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Enjoyed reading this mock. If it played out this way, I wouldn't be unhappy
    2021 Mock Draft #2:
    1) Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    2) Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    3) Quinn Meinerz, C, University Wisconsin Whitewater
    4a) Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
    4b) Tariq Thompson, S, San Diego State
    6) Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida
    7a) Kylen Granson, TE, SMU
    7b) Patrick Johnson, OLB, Tulane

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am still thinking If Davis is there he is the pick....

KY proday was the 31st same day as ND...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is an excellent mock draft
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.