Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Steelers Rebuild

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The Steelers Rebuild

    M. Kaboly offering some good news for the Steelers future;

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kRpwMM][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kRpwMM]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

  2. #2
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    I read somewhere that the Steelers will have the most cap space in 2022...number I saw was over $100M. Sorry I can't find it.

    They will have to hand out big money to TJ and Minkah, but it will be a situation that we haven't seen in decades if ever. That said, I don't expect they will spend like drunken sailors. Will still be prudent and keeping their own will still be the priority

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I don't think that world Rebuild doesn't translate to us, since we still have a competitive roster. The word is transit from Ben's team...


  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifflin View Post
    I read somewhere that the Steelers will have the most cap space in 2022...number I saw was over $100M. Sorry I can't find it.

    They will have to hand out big money to TJ and Minkah, but it will be a situation that we haven't seen in decades if ever. That said, I don't expect they will spend like drunken sailors. Will still be prudent and keeping their own will still be the priority
    I think that this is true. But part of it is that I think we have one of the fewest number of players under contract. And as you say, those numbers will go up with Minkah's 5th year option (I think at the franchise tag value because of the new 5th year option contract pricing) and TJ (who will likely become the highest paid defensive player in the league.

    The quoted article is pretty dismissive of the dead money, but it's now more dead money than we had this year with Ben (if we cut him). And who knows what the cap ends up looking like next year.

    We'll see.

    Ultimately, they are kind of trying to win this year. Hopefully it works. But I find it kind of hard to be hopeful after the offense looked so terrible for the back third of the season or so.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Ben is a year older; and he's not getting better.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    M. Kaboly offering some good news for the Steelers future;

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kRpwMM][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kRpwMM]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    that is very good news!
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    The quoted article is pretty dismissive of the dead money, but it's now more dead money than we had this year with Ben (if we cut him). And who knows what the cap ends up looking like next year.

    We'll see.

    Ultimately, they are kind of trying to win this year. Hopefully it works. But I find it kind of hard to be hopeful after the offense looked so terrible for the back third of the season or so.
    I kinda had the same reaction when I read that. And you’ve nailed my thoughts on the season.

    1 difference is I will convince myself a SuperBowl is possible by the start of the season even if I have to be completely delusional.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I kinda had the same reaction when I read that. And you’ve nailed my thoughts on the season.

    1 difference is I will convince myself a SuperBowl is possible by the start of the season even if I have to be completely delusional.
    Every off season I await the SB or Bust thread.

    It always helps me believe, which I appreciate.

    And I'm usually a "give the team the benefit of the doubt" kind of guy. But I'm just not feeling it this year. Hoping that changes.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Lots of excellent talent entering the league this year so anything is possible.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •