Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers bring back "old" jersey style numbers

Rookie

User Info Menu

Steelers bring back "old" jersey style numbers

I'am an old school nfl fan. I like how team uniforms used to look like back in the days when football was a battle, and the teams uniforms were a symbol of who they were. I have always wondered why the Steelers changed their jersey number from the classic "block" style to rounded numbers? I never liked the look it gave the jersey, especially not on a Steelers uniform. I seen a current photo of a Steelers jersey with the old block style , is this going to be a perminate look?

Legend

User Info Menu

You had me excited for a minute.

The rounded numbers don’t bother me but I strongly prefer the block style. I’m old school I guess.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd much rather see the old style block numbers. I've never been a fan of the curved style, they remind me of soccer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm actually over both the block and rounded styles. IMO, it would be better to do something more updated (perhaps similar to what Seattle has).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm actually over both the block and rounded styles. IMO, it would be better to do something more updated (perhaps similar to what Seattle has).
    You'd better not say that. The old schoolers will get all over you for trying to join the new millennium.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I'd much rather see the old style block numbers. I've never been a fan of the curved style, they remind me of soccer.
    me too......
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Seattle? Really?
    Cartoonist USFL look.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    You'd better not say that. The old schoolers will get all over you for trying to join the new millennium.
    This is correct. You know why? Fads fade.

Classic good looks never go out of style. I know this truth 1st hand.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-06-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never really notice a difference
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I never really notice a difference
    I suspect most folks arenít gonna notice a big difference unless we did Titansí numbers or weird Ravensí shadow numbers.

Most logos are reverting back to simpler times right now too. Iíd expect more throwback designs.