Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Letís all have some fun

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I like how your basing your logic on the fact they didn't address it in a bigger way from the previous draft. But that could have been (looks to be) a mistake which is why it could be imperative they get a plug and play guy in round one. At least, that's what I'm hoping.
    I'm not sure it was a mistake because it looks like we hit with at least Claypool, Highsmith, and Dotson.

Last draft was very good and I don't think it's change it. Especially since we look to have picked up a solid OL late.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm not sure it was a mistake because it looks like we hit with at least Claypool, Highsmith, and Dotson.

Last draft was very good and I don't think it's change it. Especially since we look to have picked up a solid OL late.
    I like that we got a solid O-line guy late. And because of that, that makes me think that Colbert may think he can get what he needs for the O-line like in round 3 and beyond. I hope he doesn't think that way thou. We need a plug and play guy..especially at the left tackle spot.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that we got a solid O-line guy late. And because of that, that makes me think that Colbert may think he can get what he needs for the O-line like in round 3 and beyond. I hope he doesn't think that way thou.
    Colbert doesn't care what you think.

how about we just let him pick who he thinks best fits the Steelers needs in whatever order he thinks best?

if Colbert goes RB and C in the first two rounds I trust him.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 04-06-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Legend

User Info Menu

On their own, the draft picks that ignore the OL have not necessarily been wrong. Was Claypool at 49 a worse pick than Ezra Cleveland (5? Or Cushenberry (83)? Probably not. But when you look at every time the team has this type of decision and does not choose the Olineman, it just grows the need. While I am not a proponent of drafting for need, the more the situation has been ignored, the more it is becoming necessary to draft for need this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that we got a solid O-line guy late. And because of that, that makes me think that Colbert may think he can get what he needs for the O-line like in round 3 and beyond. I hope he doesn't think that way thou. We need a plug and play guy..especially at the left tackle spot.
    I agree that OL is a big need.

An LT and a OC this year.

Probably another OG sometime soon as Decastro is getting older and didn't look great last season.

Time to remake the OL again.

The good news is that when you do this well, it's kind of a set it and forget it thing since OL seem to have pretty long careers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    On their own, the draft picks that ignore the OL have not necessarily been wrong. Was Claypool at 49 a worse pick than Ezra Cleveland (5? Or Cushenberry (83)? Probably not. But when you look at every time the team has this type of decision and does not choose the Olineman, it just grows the need. While I am not a proponent of drafting for need, the more the situation has been ignored, the more it is becoming necessary to draft for need this year.
    True..at some point the need has to be addressed.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that OL is a big need.

An LT and a OC this year.

Probably another OG sometime soon as Decastro is getting older and didn't look great last season.

Time to remake the OL again.

The good news is that when you do this well, it's kind of a set it and forget it thing since OL seem to have pretty long careers.
    Yeah..that is the good news. We need to get back to our "road grading offensive lineman" days and balance our offense out long term. Their not the sexiest picks but they make a world of difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Colbert doesn't care what you think.

how about we just let him pick who he thinks best fits the Steelers needs in whatever order he thinks best?

if Colbert goes RB and C in the first two rounds I trust him.
    Colbert should just let me pick for him.

i run a pretty tight fantasy team so thereís that.

Iíd target an All Pro with every pick. No need to pick some good and some bad. Just pick all good and weíll be good.

Pretty easy formula when you think about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

i run a pretty tight fantasy team so there’s that.

I’d target an All Pro with every pick. No need to pick some good and some bad. Just pick all good and we’ll be good.

You've got this drafting thing down Flippy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

i run a pretty tight fantasy team so there’s that.

I’d target an All Pro with every pick. No need to pick some good and some bad. Just pick all good and we’ll be good.

I'll text Art Rooney II right now to have that arranged.
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford