Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Letís all have some fun

Legend

User Info Menu

the boss has spoken. need to run the ball better. i remember he said something similar right before they drafted OL in the 1st and 2nd round and the year after they drafted bell in the 2nd

1st. RB with a possible drop down to late first/early 2nd
    with miami, NYJ drafting in front of us and then again after us in the early 2nd round, I think the big 3 come off the board by mid 2nd round

2. OT

3. best available OC/TE/CB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I too have a sneaking suspicion about us going linebacker with the first pick. A Collins/Bush pairing would be tremendous. Canít say it isnít an area of need.
    While it's true that ILB is an area of need, C and OT are areas of desperate need. On top of that, Spillane playing between Bush and TJ, with Heyward, Tuitt and Alualu in front of him, with Minkah behind him, will be just fine. On the other hand, nothing on O will look good without addressing the OL in a very serious way. We saw last year what happens when you let your line disintegrate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i am with Joe, in saying that if we want a rookie RB to start or contribute, we have to take them in round 1,since out of the top 3 none would slide to 55.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    While it's true that ILB is an area of need, C and OT are areas of desperate need. On top of that, Spillane playing between Bush and TJ, with Heyward, Tuitt and Alualu in front of him, with Minkah behind him, will be just fine. On the other hand, nothing on O will look good without addressing the OL in a very serious way. We saw last year what happens when you let your line disintegrate.
    Logically , your right. Thatís why I went O-line with my first pick. But what if Colbert feels great about the O-line depth? What if he feels the depth is so great that he could go after another position?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Logically , your right. That’s why I went O-line with my first pick. But what if Colbert feels great about the O-line depth? What if he feels the depth is so great that he could go after another position?
    what O-line depth?
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Legend

User Info Menu

Logically , your right. That’s why I went O-line with my first pick. But what if Colbert feels great about the O-line depth? What if he feels the depth is so great that he could go after another position?
    I think that the FO is not as concerned as I am about the OL. As a matter of fact I know that to be true because I would have addressed it in a bigger way the last two drafts at least. I want to see at least 2 linemen very early. The temptation is to say the draft is deep enough at tackle so that you can afford to wait. Don't let them get away.......but I will not be at all surprised if they do go D.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that the FO is not as concerned as I am about the OL. As a matter of fact I know that to be true because I would have addressed it in a bigger way the last two drafts at least. I want to see at least 2 linemen very early. The temptation is to say the draft is deep enough at tackle so that you can afford to wait. Don't let them get away.......but I will not be at all surprised if they do go D.
    I like how your basing your logic on the fact they didn't address it in a bigger way from the previous draft. But that could have been (looks to be) a mistake which is why it could be imperative they get a plug and play guy in round one. At least, that's what I'm hoping.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

we will draft a C and an OT, hopefully on Days 1 & 2.
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What Iíd like:

C
    OT
    RB

What I think theyíll do:

LB
    C
    RB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the boss has spoken. need to run the ball better. i remember he said something similar right before they drafted OL in the 1st and 2nd round and the year after they drafted bell in the 2nd

1st. RB with a possible drop down to late first/early 2nd
    with miami, NYJ drafting in front of us and then again after us in the early 2nd round, I think the big 3 come off the board by mid 2nd round

2. OT

3. best available OC/TE/CB
    Agreed. We can speculate all we want but it is oline or rb because priority WILL be fixing run game because the man who pays your check says so.

LBer/corner ain't happening in the first.