Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Letís all have some fun

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’ll play along

1. RB
    2. Center
    3. LB
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Now that we are drawing closer to the draft , let’s have every poster post what he thinks will be the first three positions drafted ( in order) by Colbert.

If you want to put a specific name of a player at that position, feel free.

We have some great draft research guys in here so I’m thinking that at least three guys can hit all three in order.

Let’s go!

This draft can go nutty quick real quick... depends on the run of postions.

To me our biggest holes are the running game, and the middle of the defense. So that can go from RB, C, Blocking TE , OT, ILB, slot defender, 3rd safety.

Here is what I want:
    RB -Etteinne, Harris, Williams
    ILB-Davis, Browning, Werner
    C-Meyer, Meinerez, Dickerson, Greene

But for some odd reason, I think we might go CB, S, OT with the first 3 picks!
    Last edited by steeler_george; 04-04-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

What I would like to see:

1) OT
    2) OC or RB
    3) RB or C

What I think we will see:

1) LB or CB
    2) OT or C
    3) RB

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

1. RB or Center
    2. RB or Center depending on which we get in 1
    3. LB

Starter

User Info Menu

It all depends on how the board falls to us.

I'll guess RB first, OT second, and CB third.

Reasoning, the backs with staring ability won't be there in round two, but plenty of OL players will. Out need at RB is perhaps greatest, and the Steelers have show no intention of re-singing Conner. We need a slot guy in round three at cornerback, lots should be there.

If the Steelers pick an ILB in round one or two, I'll be upset as we have two solid guys there, and such a move might suggest Bush did not pan out as planed. Personally I think he needs a lot of work in coverage, and it might not be fixable.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    It all depends on how the board falls to us.

I'll guess RB first, OT second, and CB third.

Reasoning, the backs with staring ability won't be there in round two, but plenty of OL players will. Out need at RB is perhaps greatest, and the Steelers have show no intention of re-singing Conner. We need a slot guy in round three at cornerback, lots should be there.

If the Steelers pick an ILB in round one or two, I'll be upset as we have two solid guys there, and such a move might suggest Bush did not pan out as planed. Personally I think he needs a lot of work in coverage, and it might not be fixable.
    Joel , recent drafts suggest that one or no RB will be taken in the first round. Taking that into account, why do you think any runningback will even go in round one?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Not sure how youd can, "have some fun" when you don't believe Tomlin is the man to help lead this organization?

Either you believe Tomlin is a coach that can help this team win another SB or you don't believe Tomlin is a coach that can help this team win another SB. Which is it?

If you don't believe then there is not point in having any type of discussion with you regarding this team.
    very true.
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    What I would like to see:

1) OT
    2) OC or RB
    3) RB or C

What I think we will see:

1) LB or CB
    2) OT or C
    3) RB
    I too have a sneaking suspicion about us going linebacker with the first pick. A Collins/Bush pairing would be tremendous. Can’t say it isn’t an area of need.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Backup

User Info Menu

ot
    c
    lb
    I will stick with my mock
    2020 MNF Exec Champion

2021 draft

24 Christian Darrisaw
    OT, Virginia Tech

56 Creed Humphrey
    IOL, Oklahoma

87 Joe Tryon
    EDGE, Washington

128 Trey Sermon
    RB, Ohio State

141 Marco Wilson
    CB, Florida

Legend

User Info Menu

I too have a sneaking suspicion about us going linebacker with the first pick.
    1. OT
    2. C
    3. Rb
    is that why you predicted OT, C and then RB?
    1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama / Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    2.55 Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma / Landon Dickerson C Alabama / Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    3.87 Spencer Brown OT N Iowa / James Hudson OT Cincinnati / Stone Forsythe OT Florida
    4.128 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas / Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU
    4.140 Patrick Jones II OLB Pitt
    6.216 Tre' McKitty TE Georgia