4a) Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
    4b) Tariq Thompson, S, San Diego State
    6) Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida
    7a) Kylen Granson, TE, SMU
    7b) Patrick Johnson, OLB, Tulane

Legend

User Info Menu

Not gonna happen
    Darnolds salary next year for 5th year option is 18.8 million if traded before May 3rd

Legend

User Info Menu

He’s no better than Rudolph.

I would roll with who we have for 2021 and let’s see what we have with Haskins. If he develops, it may make the QB problem less of an issue. If we still got a problem, address it after the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is garbage
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I already predicted we end up with Darnold. Im telling you if we can get him for like a second or third round pick, he will be a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to take a different view from those who have a knee jerk reaction of NO!

If you can get Darnold for a 3rd Round pick, is that really bad. Darnold has skill and he really never had a chance in the dumpster fire that is the Jets. Got sacked like 90 times in three years. No receivers.

If you could get him for a 3rd Rounder I think I would. Dump Haskins who probably isn't going to make it and let Rudolph and Darnold prove who is the best
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm going to take a different view from those who have a knee jerk reaction of NO!

If you can get Darnold for a 3rd Round pick, is that really bad. Darnold has skill and he really never had a chance in the dumpster fire that is the Jets. Got sacked like 90 times in three years. No receivers.

If you could get him for a 3rd Rounder I think I would. Dump Haskins who probably isn't going to make it and let Rudolph and Darnold prove who is the best
    You talk about "knee jerk reaction," but then you propose dumping Haskins before he's ever even had a chance to scrimmage with us...
    2021 Mock Draft #2:
    1) Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
    2) Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    3) Quinn Meinerz, C, University Wisconsin Whitewater
    4a) Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State
    4b) Tariq Thompson, S, San Diego State
    6) Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida
    7a) Kylen Granson, TE, SMU
    7b) Patrick Johnson, OLB, Tulane

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Lego face isn’t a good QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You talk about "knee jerk reaction," but then you propose dumping Haskins before he's ever even had a chance to scrimmage with us...
    right? dump the low risk guy for a player who has had years to prove himself. No thanks. Now that is a knee-jerk reaction.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    right? dump the low risk guy for a player who has had years to prove himself. No thanks. Now that is a knee-jerk reaction.
    Haskins also had years to prove himself.

Both of these guys probably end up failing.

But we got Haskins on the cheap. And Darnold would be more expensive (cash, cap, and draft capital).

Maybe if we didn't bring Ben back. But not now.