Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Darnold

Legend

User Info Menu

What is with the super high attrition rate of young QB’s in the NFL these days, now that more and more teams are hiring “QB friendly coaches”?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's the perfect time to get Darnold for a 3rd round pick, you put him on the team if he shows that 1st pedigree then 18 million is a steal, if not then you just move on. Lets face it, we aren't drafting a QB at least not one that will be as highly touted as Darnold was, also we know they don't think Rudolph is the next guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Iím not willing to spend $18M for a QB who may have a low chance of ďturning it aroundĒ. Thatís an expensive gamble.
    Totally agree.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Why would you dump a low risk signing (Haskins) before he even takes a snap in Pittsburgh?
    Spot on, give Haskins a year to sit and learn. We have nothing to lose.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Not gonna happen
    Darnolds salary next year for 5th year option is 18.8 million if traded before May 3rd
    Would yinz be upset if we trade next years' comp. 3rd rounder for Darnold.
    Can't a trade take place then finalize after May 3rd.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    right? dump the low risk guy for a player who has had years to prove himself. No thanks. Now that is a knee-jerk reaction.
    I'd imagine that same garbage O-Line that Bell couldnt run behind.. likely had a similar impact on Darnold's play...
    Last edited by Ernie; 04-02-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Not gonna happen
    Darnolds salary next year for 5th year option is 18.8 million if traded before May 3rd
    We have Ben signed for 2 years.
    Realistic rebuild mock draft 3-29-2021.Plan to spend $110,094,402 in cap space in 2022 and have 4 comp picks + what we have in the 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

1) RB Najee Harris - A 3 down back, makes em; miss, runs then over, Gets outside, blocks like a top FB
    2 ) LT Dillon Radunz
    3 ) CB Paulson Adebo -
    4a ) C Drake Jackson-
    4b ) TE Tommy Temble
    6) G / C Cole Van Lanen -
    7a ) S Darmr Hamln -
    7b ) ILB Erroll Thompson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    We have Ben signed for 2 years.
    I believe this is false.

Ben's contract voids after this year.

This is it unless we sign him to another contract.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Darnold is better than Haskins. He never had a chance in NY. Arnold right now has more upside than Rudolf. The Jets are going to have to pick up some of his salary if they want to trade him. If they keep him after the draft they will get nothing for him. The Jets are going to draft Wilson or trade down with someone who will. Those are the facts I believe.
    I think Darnold still has a future if he could sit behind someone like Ben.
    Even Ben wants to pass on his legacy by mentoring a replacement. I think it makes sense. But Tomlin was at the ND pro day and I think Book is in their sights also.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'd imagine that same garbage O-Line that Bell couldnt run behind.. likely had a similar impact on Darnold's play...
    Darnold never impressed me since he entered the league.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?