Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Darnold

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Haskins also had years to prove himself.

Both of these guys probably end up failing.

But we got Haskins on the cheap. And Darnold would be more expensive (cash, cap, and draft capital).

Maybe if we didn't bring Ben back. But not now.
    Yes, Haskin’s is dirt cheap which is why it makes zero sense to move on from him.

If anything I would move on from Rudolph or try to get a late pick for him.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lego face isnít a good QB.
    double standard feltdizz?? Haskin's gets the benefit of the doubt but you're dissing Darnold even though he was on an equally worse team with equally bad coaching?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You talk about "knee jerk reaction," but then you propose dumping Haskins before he's ever even had a chance to scrimmage with us...
    The Jets organization made Todd Bowles out to be a bad guy. But he leaves and makes a super bowl winning defense. That organization up to this point has tainted anything it touched for the most part since Ryan left. I'm in the minority but I think that Darnold could pan out somewhere after he leaves. But as a Steeler fan, I'm not willing to gamble on it. Not for 18 mil.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Maybe if we didn't bring Ben back. But not now.
    I agree.

we have our 3 QBs already for this year, and Ben will be our starter. the only other QB I could possibly see on our roster this coming season is if we were to draft a Jamie Newman or Kellen Mond type of developmental QB.
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ďIFĒ The Steelers believe...That BR replacement is not on the roster & Darnold is....

Jets Get 1-#24

Steelers Get 2-#34, 5-#154, Darnold

Steelers Select #34 Creed Humphrey

....But Only a few people know the Answer to that question.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm going to take a different view from those who have a knee jerk reaction of NO!

If you can get Darnold for a 3rd Round pick, is that really bad. Darnold has skill and he really never had a chance in the dumpster fire that is the Jets. Got sacked like 90 times in three years. No receivers.

If you could get him for a 3rd Rounder I think I would. Dump Haskins who probably isn't going to make it and let Rudolph and Darnold prove who is the best
    Why would you dump a low risk signing (Haskins) before he even takes a snap in Pittsburgh?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    double standard feltdizz?? Haskin's gets the benefit of the doubt but you're dissing Darnold even though he was on an equally worse team with equally bad coaching?
    I’m not willing to spend $18M for a QB who may have a low chance of “turning it around”. That’s an expensive gamble.

Legend

User Info Menu

bad timing now. i think our qbs are set for 2021.

next year, if one or more of the 3 on the roster isn't here, I would give him a shot if he comes cheap.

i have friends who are jet fans that still like him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    bad timing now. i think our qbs are set for 2021.

next year, if one or more of the 3 on the roster isn't here, I would give him a shot if he comes cheap.

i have friends who are jet fans that still like him
    Front office has already shown their hand on who the first two QB's are for the coming season.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m not willing to spend $18M for a QB who may have a low chance of “turning it around”. That’s an expensive gamble.
    agreed, doesn't make any sense at all for us to do this now.
    Planet Steelers 2021 Mock Draft:

1.24 Najee Harris RB Alabama
    2.55 Walker Little OT Stanford